The Voice 2013

Moderator: busybusybusy

als17
BRIT Award

Re: The Voice 2013

Post by als17 »

I think the singers this year are so good!! I know Leah is the favourite to win (and she's amazing) but I have a soft spot for Mike, the country boy.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

als17 wrote:I think the singers this year are so good!! I know Leah is the favourite to win (and she's amazing) but I have a soft spot for Mike, the country boy.
I feel exactly the same!!!
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I am terrible with names so it's descriptions here :D

I was gutted the large Welsh lad went as I really thought he was the next Mick Hucknall, such a perfect voice for soul and R and B..

I am no fan of Lia?? is it - with the fringe (oh someone give that girl a make-over !!!) #-o
She hasn't got the range she thinks and it was just screechy last Saturday..she is deffo not for me. But clealy kooky enough to get the youngsters vote!

My favourite is the visually impaired girlie, what a sweet and clear voice, she doesn't need to move around the stage - her voice speaks and moves for her, I would buy her recordings and would love to hear her own material and hear her sing some Celtic stuff too..

I hope she wins!!! [-o<
Last edited by riverdancefan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
als17
BRIT Award

Post by als17 »

I agree her voice is so soothing, that I probably would buy her music. And it is meant to be purely about the voice, so I see your point (still like the country boy though :-))
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

I'm really sad that Cleo left! I remember watching her band when I was like 2years old (I do have that good a memory).
She reminds me of Tina Turner when she runs around the stage and because of her big vocals and diva attitude.
I'm really happy that Andrea stayed though, her smile is so sweet and I just love watching her have so much fun on stage. And her voice WOW it gives me major chills, it's so beautiful.
I'm also not a fan if Leah, she goes from soft, to nasally (which I HATE), to strong and deep and then squeaky and not in an effective way, just randomly and horribly.
She doesn't really perform and I agree with you guys! Her hair is dreadful! Even worst than that stupid dip-dye thing that everybody in my school (and probably every teenager in the world right now :roll: ) has!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Yep Cleo was the girl for me!
Suprised to see her go but I have a feeling she is going to get the recognition she deserves at last!!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

riverdancefan wrote:Yep Cleo was the girl for me!
Suprised to see her go but I have a feeling she is going to get the recognition she deserves at last!!
Yes! I hope she is re-signed and I honestly don't care if she had a chance before! Everybody deserves and usually get second chances!
als17
BRIT Award

Post by als17 »

Yes, I preferred Cleo to Leah, I thought it was just me! I can appreciate Leah's quirkiness but I wouldn't buy her music. Cleo is pure class.
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

My favourite is Leah, I think she is so different and thats what they are looking for ! :D I agree think they are all fantastic. Mike is one of my favourites too ! :D
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

thought the final was a bit of a let down - apart from Will I AM's duet with Leah which I thought was most fun to watch, and best choreography and Leah's voice seemed to suit that song - but I don't like her screechy high notes, not a fan - and next to Holly W and Andrea thought she looked a bit of a mess (sorry) but she's supposed to look quirky I suppose :-k Felt sorry for the first guy leaving Matt?, he put so much into his performances.
and didn't think 'Green Green Grass of Home' was right song for Mike singing with Tom J. , bit old surely ? :shock: was bit of a yawn for me .
Leah was the most talented out the three I suppose so so shocked she didn't win, (the judges looked gobsmacked too :shock: ). Mike was too country and western for me. and the winner, Andrea? not really a pop star.
I read that last year's winner's album sold less than 1,000 copies, can't see this year's winner really doing any better. I don't think they had right singers in the final apart from Leah 8-[
No idea what Robbie Williams was doing, coming on stage on what looked like a mobility scooter, all a bit odd. :roll: :-k
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I didn't think the voice was specifically looking for a 'pop star', thought that was the job of The X Factor. I didn't watch the whole series, probably only two or three first round, where it is purely on the voice and I picked out these two finalists as being the 'purest' singer and the 'most marketable/ distinctive' but I wouldn't say either of them are modern style singers. They are both however 'pop' as pop is short for popular and they must have been that to win and come runner up, so I've just disproved my own argument :lol: so I'll go now!
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I too was underwhelmed by the final. I was sure Leah would win though my personal favourite was Mike - I was very shocked at Andrea winning, but who knows how her career will go - lack of personal charisma has not held back Susan Boyle. I thought the duets were patchy - did not like The Script collaboration, and thought Will.i.am's was more about him than Leah (who you barely saw/heard). The Mobility Scooter duet by DR and RW was dire, but Michael Buble delivered as always.

And someone should point out to Will.i.am that Sit Tom Jones knows more about music and pitch in his little finger than the whole of Will''s body :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Welsh Mum wrote:I too was underwhelmed by the final. I was sure Leah would win though my personal favourite was Mike - I was very shocked at Andrea winning, but who knows how her career will go - lack of personal charisma has not held back Susan Boyle. I thought the duets were patchy - did not like The Script collaboration, and thought Will.i.am's was more about him than Leah (who you barely saw/heard). The Mobility Scooter duet by DR and RW was dire, but Michael Buble delivered as always.

And someone should point out to Will.i.am that Sit Tom Jones knows more about music and pitch in his little finger than the whole of Will''s body :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When Will.I.Am started talking about pitch I was very shocked! Who is he to talk about pitch?
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

To be honest I thought that the winner should have been Cleo, she has the voice, the dance moves,the diva attitude and stage presence! Her dressing style and hair styles are also quite 'different'
I couldn't see any of the finalists making it far (except for Mike because I think that Americans would love a British singer with a country twang! and maybe Matt because he is also great on stage) but I LOVE Andrea her voice is so pure and beautiful and this is 'the voice' not pop idol, it's all about the voice and she has it!
For me Leah is a definite no! She seems to just use her whistle tones when all else goes wrong making them seem like she is randomly shrieking!
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

Have to agree with absolutely everything Genevieve said. I personally didn't feel any of the finalists had the wow factor, although in terms of marketing and star quality I thought Leah was best, so I thought she'd win it. I was surprised that Andrea won, simply because her voice was never particularly enjoyable to me, and i thought it often sounded a bit shaky, and then she doesn't have very much stage presence so I was often a bit bored when she came on. Same with Mike really but i thought he had a lovely tone to his voice.

All in all, i'm not so sure the voice is going to last much longer...
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge