Stage School

Moderator: busybusybusy

admin
Site Admin

Stage School

Post by admin »

So who watched this most bizarre programme yesterday? Twitter seriously slated it and it is all clearly staged (excuse the pun), but wanted to open a discussion on peoples views. Did it do stage schools any favours. Should the school have taken part. Is it the next Towie? Just a few thoughts to open the discussion.
Hope Never Dies....
threecees
BRIT Award

Re: Stage School

Post by threecees »

Last edited by threecees on Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

The trailers were enough to put me off. Can't believe it would do that school any favours?! Hardly shows the students in a positive, professional light. Not sure it's somewhere I'd be encouraging my daughter to apply to in the future. If they are really that vile to each other I'm surprised any students stay!! Need to watch the whole episode - maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Oh my goodness - what utter utter tripe
This has done that school no favours whatsoever. We have a proud DS who got a DADA for Bird College now embarrassed to say he is going to a Stage School.
It was cringe worthy on steroids.
moleseymum
BRIT Award

Post by moleseymum »

From the trailer I had assumed it was purely fictitious, absolutely shocked to see it was actually a 'heightened reality' programme in a real college...
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

What channel was it on please? No one is saying the name of the school but I think I know which one it is. I know a teacher there so hope it isn't that bad!
mrs_lovett
GRAMMY Award

Post by mrs_lovett »

Just watched 15 mins of it as that's all I could stand. One of the strangest things I've ever seen! Channel 4 I think. Definitely not my cup of tea!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I was not impressed - it seems very at odds with the hard work I know DD & her colleagues put in

Plus they were so childish and petty and, well, nasty to each other :cry:
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I found it. Truly terrible, who would ever take anyone who is appearing in it seriously? Shameful ,sorry for students
who work so hard there.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

I didn't watch it myself but like others have seen the very unfavourable coverage it's received from other who did. My DD is auditioning for Sept 17 entry this year and it was on her list to view/audition but she won't be viewing/auditioning now - what a shame, if they had made a real programme/documentary about what goes on in life for the real students I think it could have been a really great show.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

2girlsmum wrote:I didn't watch it myself but like others have seen the very unfavourable coverage it's received from other who did. My DD is auditioning for Sept 17 entry this year and it was on her list to view/audition but she won't be viewing/auditioning now - what a shame, if they had made a real programme/documentary about what goes on in life for the real students I think it could have been a really great show.
My dd auditioned there a couple of years ago...it really is NOT like that in real life...
She found the staff to be very nice, helpful and professional, and the facilities are lovely.
She was offered a scholarship there too.
Please do go along and make your own mind up. What you see on the TV show is purely fabricated.
I don't know why they have made the show as it does them no favours at all.

My dd did not go there in the end, she got funding elsewhere, but I would say don't write it off. It cant be all bad if The Stage paper offers a scholarship there every year!
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Jasmine2 I agree, it is always best to make your own mind up.I was reading about the casting for it and most had to audition for the roles and don't even attend the school. Unfortunately the media is a a powerful force and many won't bother to research what they have seen and read,they will think all that goes on in it is true. There must be a lot that attend this performing arts school that are embarrassed by this programme though.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

There is a petition on Facebook to get it stopped on Facebook. It's on Actors UK if any one wants to sign it
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I think the college ( it's isn't a school ) in question are going to seriously regret allowing this.
It's semi - scripted apparently - DS knows a lovely girl who attends there and she says it's nothing like a real day there.
Of course it's not - but the public will THInK it is
So cheers for that D&B, you have single handedly trashed the reputation of performing arts colleges all
Over the country , with the public sniggering and sneering about our children's training and achievements.

Nice one D&B , you have sold us all out for a bit of ritual titilation and notoriety! {evil}

They are very quick to delete any negative posts from their FB and Twitter - if you can't stand the heat and all that .....
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

My daughter goes to a performing arts 6th form and they are all furious about this and the impression it gives. Just so awful to make it look so shallow and spiteful! dd says her school is the most supportive environment she has ever been in and it is so sad that they will all be judged on the likes of this show! Why didn't they just do a fly on the wall documentary and show how impressive the talent and hard work in these type of schools/colleges really is!!