Dance over the festive season

Moderator: busybusybusy

Pups_Mum
Nominee

Dance over the festive season

Post by Pups_Mum »

Well with just one more day left at work for me before a few days off for Christmas I'm feeling a bit festive. I was just wondering what everyone's DD/DS's are up to over the festive season? Anyone performing in anything exciting? Or are you off to see anything wonderful over the Christmas period?
It's been fairly quiet for us. DD has danced in a couple of charity events, but nothing major, and with one thing and another I've not booked tickets to watch anything this Christmas either :( . We're looking forward hugely to a trip to see BRB's Beauty and the Beast in January though. :D
What about everyone else? Anyone seen any great performances they'd like to tell us about?
peach3
Nominee

Re: Dance over the festive season

Post by peach3 »

Hi pups_mum just found my way over from ballet.co. We are going to see BRB's Nutcracker at the O2 next week. Very excited. Would love to see Beauty and the Beast but I think we'll have to let the bank account recover first! Let us know what it's like x
celb
Nominee

Post by celb »

BRBs's Nutcracker was fab at the Hippodrome recently - would love to see it at the O2 tho'.Looking forward to a few days off too before the New Years taxiing resumes.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Nothing this Christmas,
although saw "Some Like it Hip Hop" a couple of months ago and it was totally amazing, what a fantastic production !! =D> - I hope they stage it again or tour as it is thoroughly recommended!

Not a pointe shoe to be seen - sorry! :D :D
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

We were lucky enough to get Paul Hamlyn tickets to see the Royal ballet perform Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House at the beginning of December. Fabulous second row circle stalls seats for £9.50!! It was a wonderful afternoon. Now looking forward to comparing and contrasting with Matthew Bournes Nutcracker at the Lowry in March 2012.
Happy Christmas everyone.
:D
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

My son's performing with Birmingham Royal Ballet in The Nutcracker at the O2 :D

Look out for him - he's the tallest (I think) blonde, male party guest - he wears a cape, has a wife and two sons :lol:

And then he's a soldier in the battle scene and makes a brief entrance as a soldier in Act 2 - carting off the rat usually I think.

They all seem quite excited at the prospect - but the downside is having to get him to the O2 for 11am on Boxing Day morning (he could've got the coach from Birmingham, but that's 2.5 hours in the wrong direction :roll: ) - and then not seeing him again until late on the 30th :(
peach3
Nominee

Post by peach3 »

I will definitely look out for him. You must be very proud and what a wonderful experience for him. It's funny actually I was just thinking this morning about how the cast have to face working through the Christmas holidays. Although I suspect they are all very excited and it's the people left at home who will feel it more. Spare a thought for the crew, my husband who is a theatre electrician says they are focusing the lights on Christmas Day! Luckily he isn't involved. But it will make me clap all the more at the thought of the sheer number of man hours that have gone into it ( and maybe an extra little whoop for all the ballet parents who got them there.Past and present =D> )
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

I was thinking the same about the crew as I know they've got to be there before the dancers and must be there before Christmas too to sort out the staging - at least the dancers have had a week off :D
Overspent
Nominee

Post by Overspent »

Kitsch queen, sorry, what are Paul Hamlyn tickets? :)
Nana Lily
Nominee

Post by Nana Lily »

We had a lovely time watching the Nutcracker at the Birmingham Hippodrome! Youngest DD has to be in Birmingham very early on boxing day to travel down with BRB to the o2 (so a sobber :D day for me on Christmas day!). Bless all the technical crew and peache3 husband...cant wait to see how the whole production unfolds at the arena, am sure it will be spectacular. She is one of the children, pretty white dress and cloak, long blonde hair (as do most!). She is excited beyond belief to be gong to the o2 and being "on tour". Managed to get a great deal on tickets via travelzoo, so really looking forward to watching with friends.

Best wishes to all cast at the o2 and friends whith children in the Nutcracker at ROH and with ENB at the Coliseum..have a fabulous season! happy Christmas to you all!

NL
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Hi Overspent I have PM'd you :)