Tap "Sneakers" needed

Moderator: busybusybusy

zizza
BRIT Award

Tap "Sneakers" needed

Post by zizza »

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of tap shoes that are the same style as split sole dance sneakers? I've seen people wear them, but the only pair I can find online was on EBay in a size 3 (I need a 6)

Any ideas?
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Tap "Sneakers" needed

Post by Hecouldshine »

No idea really but wasn't that what Darcey Bussell was wearing to rehearse the Fred Astaire tap number she did for Darcey goes to Hollywood, which was on BBC over Christmas? Maybe she bought hers overseas?

Good luck hunting.
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Capezio make them I think - just need to find where sells them. One of our dance teachers thinks one of her old schools might have some, so she's going to find out. Fingers crossed. Daughter's in a tap group playing the part of a "jogger" so they'd be ideal
dadadance
BRIT Award

Post by dadadance »

Daft answer, have you tried the Capezio shop in town!

http://www.capeziodanceeu.com/en/london

Mind you not the most helpful!
stars-in-their-eyes
BRIT Award

Post by stars-in-their-eyes »

You may have to buy the sneakers and get the taps fitted separately.
Anything Can Happen If You Let It!
songanddance
BRIT Award

Post by songanddance »

My tap teacher has a pair, although they are very old. I'll ask her if she remembers where she got them x
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

A pair came up on eBay but went for more than I wanted to pay! I know a few people who have had them (teachers mainly) who have put me off as they just fall to pieces apparently which is probably why there aren't many secondhand ones coming up for sale.

The tap group teacher said not to worry if I couldn't just borrow some, so don't think I will :lol:
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Actually there have been at least 2 pairs, if not 3 on ebay recently. Not all size 6 - think one pair was 5 1/2. I kept noticing them when haunting anything that came up on a "tap shoes" search as dd needed new tap shoes. Still worth trying zizza I think - I was surpised how many there were around.

I am very pleased \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ as paid £1 + £4 postage on ebay for dd's size 7 1/2 tap shoes, and they've got capezio teletone taps. I guess not many girls with such big feet around :roll: Still it took me 4 weeks of haunting the site 3 times a week ](*,)
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Conella
Nominee

Post by Conella »

i have Capezio ones in a 6 if u still need them an will check my daughter doesnt want them?
cops22
GRAMMY Award

Post by cops22 »

Best pair of taps you can buy in my opinion.... I'm a tap teacher and I love them to death... i'v had them for years and are noqwhere near falling apart....
I got mine from DAnce Direct but sure they're still available..i'll have a look and send you the link.
cops22
GRAMMY Award

Post by cops22 »

Sorry it seems they are harder to find than before... I know the trade store that I buy from stopped making them but I have just checked capezio's european site and Dance Direct and they are no longer on there....
Like I say i've had mine for years so they may well be discontinued or only available in the states now.... I love mine coz they have the bounce of a trainer so when i've got them on for a long time my knees, backa nd balls of feet thank me.... not as young as I once was....
Hopefully Conella's are the right size for you... Good luck :)
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Thanks all - managed to find some for sale on Ebay, but never the right size - but then found an old dusty box in our dance studio containing a pair of barely worn shoes. Daughter's very happy as she's now wearing them for the group and her new solo :D

Conella - if you want to sell yours let me know as I may still buy them if they're the right size - as I think I'll have to give these back at some point!