Graduation present for male ballet student

Moderator: busybusybusy

zizza
BRIT Award

Graduation present for male ballet student

Post by zizza »

OK then guys - need your help - what to get my (will be) 19 year old son who is graduating from ballet school in July. Don't want to spend a fortune - he's cost us enough money over the years ;) and I think I'd find it much easier for a girl so I'm open to suggestions. I've done a scrapbook in the past when he left WL and a printed book of photos when he finished year 11, so I'll do similar this time, but I wanted to get something else. He's moving abroad, so something small.....
assemble mum
Nominee

Re: Graduation present for male ballet student

Post by assemble mum »

When my DS graduated from ballet school a couple of years ago I bought him a leather photo frame that hols 3 photos. I put in a family photo, his london flat mates and a photo of the whole year taken on the graduate year tour. He now takes it when he goes on tour etc. I agree its so hard to buy for a boy especially as he definitely would nt want a ballet wallet or baseball cap.
hope your son enjoys his job :D
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

I would agree with you for the photos as that is a lovely idea. When I went to work overseas for 15 months I had to fit everything in the luggage I could take on the plane with me. Rather than take any albums I had a couple of lightweight A4 size picture frames with a collage of family and friends inside so that I could have them in sight in my room. As for a graduation present - something that can be personalised or engraved perhaps like a beer tankard, key fob etc. A good gift shop will have a variety of items for men. Or if he needs new luggage that is also a possibilty. Congratulations to your DS on his contract and I hope all goes well for him.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

I just tried this on my soon to be 21 year old - and he said "sounds like the sort of thing you or mum would buy me" - He did, however like the sound of luggage, or other items for taking on tour. If it's abroad, has got practical stuff like cameras, shavers, useful stuff.
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Thanks all :D

I did promise him an expensive fleece he saw in the Lakes last year if he got a job somewhere cold - so that's on the list!! I like the photo frame idea. (The practical stuff we'll probably help with anyway, so wanted to get something personal for a present on graduation day)
stars-in-their-eyes
BRIT Award

Post by stars-in-their-eyes »

A really nice wallet?
Anything Can Happen If You Let It!
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

You can get key rings which hold lots of digital photos
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
zizza
BRIT Award

Post by zizza »

Both excellent suggestions! Didn't know about the digital photo key ring!!