Liberatus, Swindon

Moderator: busybusybusy

JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Liberatus, Swindon

Post by JayLou62 »

Hi,

I was talking to a mum last week, and she said her dd was trying for Liberatus this year. I'd not heard of this college and wondered if anyone knows any more?
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Liberatus, Swindon

Post by 2dancersmum »

I don't know anything about the college in terms of reputation, standard of teaching etc. However, I do know that the course is for 16-18 year olds and is a level 3 dilpoma in foundation studies (dance). I believe that makes it an alternative to A levels rather than a college offering a degree equivalent. I do not know if they charge fees or not. Bimingham Ormiston Academy in Birmingham and Stratford College also offer level 3 diplomas (BTechs) for age 16-18 and these do not charge, although accommodation is an extra if you are not within daily commuting distance. Hope this helps a little.
mum of my two stars
Nominee

Post by mum of my two stars »

I'm from Swindon & My youngest DD dances in the same building as Liberatus, I have always to led to believe the fee's are in the 4-5K region.

My Oldest is not going to audition there, has tried Tring & the other option is her local 6th form college. Where you can get the same qualifications (for free)
~x~x~x~ It's nice to be important, but VERY important to be nice! ~x~x~x~
dizzie01
Nominee

Post by dizzie01 »

My daughter was unsure about going to Liberatus, but she is just coming to the end of her first year and the training has been amazing, She'd already got her A'Levels in dance etc but this training has been like nothing else she has ever done even though she'd already got as far as poss in all dance exams since the age of 3. I would thoroughly recommended Liberatus but be prepared for very hard work!