Keeping a dancer full of food/energy

Moderator: busybusybusy

mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Keeping a dancer full of food/energy

Post by mathsmum »

lots of milk - and ditch the rubbish government advice about not full-fat - slides down when eating is hard - milk and orange juice is like a liquid mini-meal

both mine have multi-vits (wellteen - buy on 3 for 2 at boots - our school nurse feeds them to her own sons - what more can i say!) also omega 3, which i think someone else mentioned, and calcium + vit d - but that's because we're all slight boned, and there's osteoporosis in the family - but yes - vit d supplements are getting more and more recommended ( search in the 'case notes' radio 4 archive) for almost everyone
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Moonshine
BRIT Award

Post by Moonshine »

Any tips for a hard-working DD who is allergic to dairy, egg, soya, nuts, tomato, strawberry, orange, shellfish and tuna!!!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

8-[ :roll: :cry:

Give up?
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

Moonshine wrote:Any tips for a hard-working DD who is allergic to dairy, egg, soya, nuts, tomato, strawberry, orange, shellfish and tuna!!!
lots of meat - i'm veggie, but gave up with the kids due to dd's allergies. glad to see she can handle gluten, so carbs are fine. seeds - pumpkin and sunflower are amazing - are a great alternative to nuts - don't risk sesame. if you live in the right sort of area, kosher is a great source of dairy-free

http://www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/ - but fel free to pm me if you want to talk more - we've lived with this for 18 years
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Moonshine wrote:Any tips for a hard-working DD who is allergic to dairy, egg, soya, nuts, tomato, strawberry, orange, shellfish and tuna!!!
Beef and vegetable pie with mash and gravy?

Deb x