CAT Scheme Advice

Moderator: busybusybusy

DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Re: CAT Scheme Advice

Post by DQsMum »

riverdancefan, that must have been a really hard decision for you all :(
He is such a talented dancer, even I can see that :lol:
But, for what its worth, he is SO good vocally, and with acting, and it would be a huge waste of talent to pack it in just yet. :?
We are happy he will be keeping up the MT! \:D/ \:D/
xx
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm
joe
Nominee

Post by joe »

We went to Laban and dance east taster days and I must say we were very impressed with both, so ds is going to audition for both and see what happens :D they seem to have a lot of people auditioning for not a lot of places, and it seems a tough process !! but he can but try.

Thank you everyone for the advice.

Jo x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

DQsMum wrote:riverdancefan, that must have been a really hard decision for you all :(
He is such a talented dancer, even I can see that :lol:
But, for what its worth, he is SO good vocally, and with acting, and it would be a huge waste of talent to pack it in just yet. :?
We are happy he will be keeping up the MT! \:D/ \:D/
xx
Thank you so much :D
Yes it would be lovely to do everything , the body conditioning element would be fab for DS
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

joe wrote:We went to Laban and dance east taster days and I must say we were very impressed with both, so ds is going to audition for both and see what happens :D they seem to have a lot of people auditioning for not a lot of places, and it seems a tough process !! but he can but try.

Jo x
Good luck to him !! :) :)
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

joe wrote:We went to Laban and dance east taster days and I must say we were very impressed with both, so ds is going to audition for both and see what happens :D they seem to have a lot of people auditioning for not a lot of places, and it seems a tough process !! but he can but try.

Jo x
Hi Jo just wondering how your DS got on.

I'm aware that there are lots of CAT auditions going on up and down the country at the moment so want to wish everyone the best of luck :)
joe
Nominee

Post by joe »

Hiya,
I am pleased to say that my ds was offered a place at trinity laban on the CAT scheme, he also auditioned for danceast and got invited back this saturday but he had already decided that he would like to go to trinity if offered a place!! It was a tough audition and was nicely surprised on how many boys auditioned, Roll on september as we have only heard good things about this scheme. :D :D :D

Anyone else's DC been offered places?

Joe x
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Fantastic news!!! Huge well done to him. He will have an amazing time :D