Changing syllabus

Moderator: busybusybusy

whatamigettinginto
BRIT Award

Changing syllabus

Post by whatamigettinginto »

Hi. I am looking to change my daughter's dance school and wondered how easy it would be for her to transfer from BTDA to RAD/ISTD. At the moment she does Ballet (Grade 4) and Modern (Grade 2) with BTDA, but most other local dance schools seem to offer RAD and ISTD. Are the grades of a similar level? Also, she has felt rushed through her latest ballet grade and would like to have another go at it to try for a distinction (she got a merit) - are children allowed to retake an exam with the same board? or with a different board? Sorry - lots of questions!!! Any help would be much appreciated.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Changing syllabus

Post by riverdancefan »

can i post a link to an older post I made with a lovely answer from ISTD...
I am not familiar with your DD's dance board, however my DS is moving from RAD to ISTD in September and I had a few questions.... :D :D

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17432
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
whatamigettinginto
BRIT Award

Thank you Riverdancefan. BTDA is also part of the national framework, covered by Ofqual, so presumably the grades should be pretty much the same. How did your DS cope with his move? I hope it went well. We are off to visit a new dance school this week, so can ask lots of questions then. Thanks again. :)
whatamigettinginto
BRIT Award

Just realised your DS isn't moving til Sept, so ignore my last question!! I really should pay more attention :oops: