Got To Dance

Moderator: busybusybusy

letitshine
GRAMMY Award

Got To Dance

Post by letitshine »

Sky 1 dance show GOT TO DANCE is currently accepting applications for auditions.......anyone going for it
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Re: Got To Dance

Post by Kitschqueen »

Nah, think this show should be called Got to Hip hop/street dance/breakdance. These seem to be the only acts that get anywhere.
My dd is a talented ballerina, contemporary dancer, you never see these genres get very far.
I for one am very disappointed that the BBC did not commission another series of So You Think You Can Dance, think this programme showcased exceptional British talent and these dancers had to demonstrate that they could master a range of choreography.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Totally agree with Kitsch Queen!
The only outstanding thing for me have been Prodijig, something different!
Got to dance is endless droves of mediocre dance crews doing the same thing and young disco dancers showing their gymnastic abilities....But again just too much of a much!
SYTYCD was so different, and so much more interesting and challenging. Won't be watching GTD.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

I agree with Kitchgueen, even though none of us are dancers in our family we really liked 'so you thoink you can dance'. It was great to see so many different styles of dance and it appeared to us 'none dancers' that those who were classically trained, ie ballet, were the most adaptable, confident and open to suggestions when they had to dance in other styles to their own than any other dancer who specialined in a different genre.
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

riverdancefan wrote:
The only outstanding thing for me have been Prodijig, something different!
Loved Prodijig too from their first audition and I was so glad they won. :D

The freestyle dancers who did a slow piece but called it contemporary dance annoyed me as it clearly wasn't!
I don't know if anyone remembers the group of youngsters with special needs who auditioned, I thought they were fantastic and for me they were the only ones who did a truly contemporary piece.

When I was grumbling about all the dance crews last year my partner was saying that at least it keeps young people engaged in something they enjoy and off the streets so I had to concede he had a point :-# :lol:

Think I'm just getting grumpier as I get older!!! :lol:
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Kitschqueen wrote:... at least it keeps young people engaged in something they enjoy and off the streets ...
But isn't it supposed to be Street Dance? :lol:

We are Los disappointed that there isn't another series of So You Think You Can Dance, but we also enjoy Got to Dance...Ashley Banjo and Adam Garcia...what's not to like? :shock: :lol:

Deb x
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

[quote="FlosmomBut We are Los disappointed that there isn't another series of So You Think You Can Dance, but we also enjoy Got to Dance...Ashley Banjo and Adam Garcia...what's not to like? :shock: :lol:
[/quote]

=P~ hehe.....a definate improvement on Nigel Lythgoe!
letitshine
GRAMMY Award

Post by letitshine »

Hi have to say I do Agree to the strret dance crew aspect of GTD they are the ones who do well my dd is more suited to ballet, tap, contempory too so its not tgoing to showcase her talent however she is auditioning with her younger brother he has special needs loves the show and would never be able to do a routine on his own but with his sister his great and truley loves to dance so we thought it would be good to give him the experiance of it... thought I would post it up here to see if anyone else fancied it ........bit worried now his audition is coming up hope he enjoys it and truly shows how amazing his dancing can be
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Fingers crossed for him and I hope he really enjoys the experience :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Wow, letitshine, good for him =D>, and good for you =D> and his sister =D> .
I spent years coaching athletics to special needs children (mainly wheelchair racers with spina bifida) and it was such an overwhelming feeling for me, them and their family and friends to watch them participate and achieve in something they love doing, even if they didn't win, winning just took it to a whole new level!
I was also classed as 'special needs' as a young child because I was deaf, but before it was discovered at the age of 4, I was thought of as just 'slow' and spent my primary school years in 'remedial' classes on catch-up. At the age of eleven, athletics opens my life opportunities and gave me great confidence and self belief (3 months after starting at the local running club I was moved in to the top set in every subject). My primary teachers would be astonished to hear that I am now a qualified teacher, run my family business and became an international athlete!

Good luck, treasure his talent and his enjoyment of it.
letitshine
GRAMMY Award

Post by letitshine »

Thank you so much for your support x fingers crossed x
letitshine
GRAMMY Award

Post by letitshine »

Afraid we won't be auditioning on sat after all my ds has come down with a bad viral thing high temp and sore everything.... Have to try again next year x
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

oh what a shame :( , though it does give you something to work for and look forward to. Hope he is feeling better soon.
letitshine
GRAMMY Award

Post by letitshine »

Thank you francescasmum x something to look forward too x :D
Dancersmum
BRIT Award

Post by Dancersmum »

Dd auditioned but didn't get through. She is a talented dancer, dancing lots of different genres! Modern and tap being her favourite. Just send some of the clips of what's to come and can't believe who they have put through! We saw the lady who 'danced' and I use the term loosely with Aston. She got through last year as well and she definitely can't dance. Agree with comments that it is all gymnastic ability and street groups!! Shame for all the talented actual dancers out there!! Not sure we will be watching!!