Whatever happened to tap?

Moderator: busybusybusy

sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: Whatever happened to tap?

Post by sapphire »

LOL! Our kitchen is also DD's preferred place for tap practice!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

tap I don't worry about - it's the irish practice !
for those who don't know - the toes on jig shoes are taped with gaffer tape to stop them slipping
Blackmarksonthefloor.com
needless to say - he practices in blochs if he needs to learn steps!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Can you not send him out into the garage ??? I have done that with DD before today :D
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I guess it's all worth it; I just watched DD's mock Grade 2 and I was amazed. The poise and confidence she displayed compared to her last class in July was immense.

I was really shocked. She is the only one going in for this grade and she was about the same as the others in the class at the end of the term & the teacher thought it was fine; just goes to show what hard work and practise can do

Very proud........ :D

BTW there isn't a 'proud' smilie.....I think there should be
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Definitely should be a proud emoticon

Tap is dd's weakest genre but she still enjoys it. The new ISTD syllabus is hard.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Doing a little dance of my own :D =D> :D =D> :D =D> :D

The examiner mentioned to the dance teacher that “DD was a lovely dancer” apparently that's unusual as examiners rarely mention children by name (this may or may not be true - I'm not very good knowledgeable about this)

She stopped DD to chat about which A-levels which DD pointed out were GCSES in the middle of her exam! & then at the end of the day asked the teacher to tell her ‘older girls’ to audition for her school as they will need audition experience before getting a place at a "bigger more well known college" :shock:

Wow, just wow!

OK, I'm boasting - I don't care!!! After that horrid knock last term my DD needed an emotional boost!
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

Katymac wrote:OK, I'm boasting - I don't care!!! After that horrid knock last term my DD needed an emotional boost!
boast away - you both deserve it! =D>
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Moonshine
BRIT Award

Post by Moonshine »

Tap Attack is holding a workshop in Brighton over half-term. If anyone's interested here's a link:

http://www.tapattack.co.uk/total_tap_workshops.asp
Last edited by Moonshine on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Isn't it odd, DD got 68% (or 69%) in her Ballet Grade 5 and she was gutted as she had never got below 90% in her Ballroom & Latin. This is her first Tap she started in January so fingers crossed.

It brought home to me how subjective dance is
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

There shouldn't be any subjectivity in dance exams as the examiner will have a strict criteria against which they are marking a candidate against though there always seems to be those examiners who mark more leniently than others. :-s

I guess the difference in your DD's exam marks are down to her studying latin and ballroom for a longer time so being far more confident and skilled in those genres :D Fingers crossed for her tap, seems she made an impression!

I'm in the process of preparing my DD, who has always achieved Honours and Distinctions in her ballet exams for the pass and merit that is far more likely when she takes her first RAD vocational exam in November!!