Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty

Post by Kitschqueen »

Off to see Matthew Bournes new ballet Sleeping Beauty at the Lowry tomorrow evening. Sooooooo excited :lol:

Any other NAPMers due to see this production?
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty

Post by riverdancefan »

No but I REALLY want too, there is so much I want to see I need a bank loan :( :( :(

or a lottery win [-o< [-o<
have a fantastic time !!!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

I really want to see this too...the Sadlers Wells programme arrived yesterday....I've highlighted so many productions that I just don't know how to choose between them!! (Sadly not possible to see more than one or two!!) :( :(
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

Im taking both my DD's on Friday night to The Lowry !

It has excellent reviews and we are VERY excited !
Please let us know how you found it Kitschqueen - Im sure you have had a wonderful time !
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

DD and I will be there on Saturday ... so excited for this one \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

riverdancefan wrote:No but I REALLY want too, there is so much I want to see I need a bank loan :( :( :(
Know what you mean RDF. Tickets for the 2013 tour of Wicked go on sale on the 19th November, the credit card is twitching!!!! :D

Only 7 more hours to go until Sleeping Beauty, I'll report back tomorrow :) (but not enough to spoil it for dancediva and Sapphire!! :lol: )
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Looking forward to hearing about it!
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by esmum »

We hope to see this in Dec - at SW I think! A Christmas present- very very excited and grateful for the present, something we would not be able to treat ourselved to :D
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Well everyone, here we are the day after the night before!! :lol:

Just some quick observations as I would not wish to spoil it for any others who are going.

The sets, lighting and costumes are absolutely spectacular and baby Aurora is pure genius. There are some very clever, funny and unexpected moments throughout the piece and it is visually stunning.

There were certain elements that didn't work for me and that I was disappointed with, but those are my own personal opinions and I would not want to influence anyone negatively.

Matthew Bourne is a great showman and it was a fantastic night of theatre danced to a very appreciative audience in a full house at The Lowry.

Enjoy!! :D
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Really enjoyed seeing this last night at The Lowry. Didn't blow me away as much as some of his previous productions have done but fab set and costumes. LOVED the way he used movement on the stage (don't want to spoil it for others so can't really do into detail). Thought the fairies were amazing ... loved his take on them! I adore the way Matthew Bourne interprets the music ... he always seems to find moods or emotions you would never imagine in it! The one bit that really grated for me was Baby Aurora but everyone else seemed to love that! Full house again at The Lowry and huge ovations at the end ... a good night was definitely had by all \:D/ \:D/ \:D/