Anyone know anything about "EnglishNationalBallet Youth Co"

Post by Katymac »

As someone mentioned it recently

Thanks
changemystory
BRIT Award

Re: Anyone know anything about "EnglishNationalBallet Youth

Post by changemystory »

It's run by Holly Noble and they meet for 2 hours weekly on a Thursday in Hammersmith. 14-19 year olds but you can contact Holly and ask if your DC can dance with them if near that age to try out. Taster workshop was yesterday to potentially recruit new members. It is a selective group and standard is high. There's a bit about it on the ENB website under Learning.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thanks - I'll have a look

There seems to be so much our children can do - I get confused :oops:
changemystory
BRIT Award

Post by changemystory »

It's all the initials that get me Katymac - EYB, NYB, LCB, ENB :?
(English Youth Ballet, Natioanl Youth Ballet, London Children's Ballet, English National Ballet)

I feel like I'm constantly running to keep up with what's happening too :)
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

So what do that lot all do?
funnygirl
BRIT Award

Post by funnygirl »

EYB - English Youth Ballet - a youth company that puts on ballet performances in regional towns around the UK. Entry is by audition and the required standard is not generally that high. You pay to take part but there are some scholarships.

NYB - A youth company that puts on a mixed ballet programme once a year. Entry is by audition and the standard is quite high. Auditions are held in the spring and rehearsals take place at a summer school, recently held at Tring. There is a short run of performances, recently in Kent, and a gala performance at a London theatre such as Sadlers Wells. You pay to take part but there are some scholarships.

LCB - A youth company based in London that puts on a run of one ballet at The Peacock Theatre in the Spring. Entry by audition and the standard is quite high. Auditions for this year have just finished. Participation is almost free and they rehearse every Sunday from January until Easter. They also have small touring companies that visit hospices etc around London.

ENB - A major UK touring ballet company. ENBS is a vocational 6th form dance school

There are also a number of regional youth ballets known by a variety of initials (normally ending with YB!) and they are probably most similar to EYB!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Wow

So how do you know if something is 'good' or worthwhile doing?

I mean I don't have a clue "English Youth Ballet" & "English National Ballet Youth Company" don't sound that different to plebs like me
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

If your dd is interested in participating in youth ballet opportunities you would be better joining and posting this question on balletcoforum.com or just browsing the site as there are lots of threads about this sort of thing.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thanks I'll have a look