Dance over the festive period

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Dance over the festive period

Post by Kitschqueen »

Well it's nearly that time of year again and I was wondering if any NAPMers are due to go any see any festive dance over the next month or so.

I've been lucky again this year to obtain tickets for The Paul Hamlyn Christmas Treat performance of The Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House on the 8th December.

Always an excuse to go to London (DD is dying to go to the newly opened Victoria Secret! :lol: ) and Covent Garden is always so beautiful at this time of year and guaranteed to get me in the Christmassy mood. :D

I'm sure many of you will have DC who are performing too.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Dance over the festive period

Post by riverdancefan »

not dance..but we are going to see Loserville 28th Dec and have booked to see Seussical, london version the same day at 1.30, they came to see DS on his production at the Orchard Dartford, so we are repaying the compliment ( and seeing if they nick any of our ideas !!) :lol: :lol: :lol: \:D/
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

We just got back from Rambert & tbh I just don't get it....give me pretty dresses and a story I can recognise

I think I'm a failure as a dance mum :(
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

That made me chuckle katymac. A lot of the modern contemporary stuff completely befuddles me. Definately not a failure as a dancer's mum. Its better when your own DD is in it and has explained what its about first! No dance for me over the festive period but hopefully off to see Matthew Bournes Sleeping Beauty in the new year !
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kitschqueen »

Katymac wrote:We just got back from Rambert & tbh I just don't get it....give me pretty dresses and a story I can recognise (
Stick with it Katymac, like you I didn't get contemporary until my DD started at her CAT scheme and I've had the opportunity to see some amazing companies. Now I much prefer it to classical ballet.
I recently had the privilege of paying £1 to stand and watch James Wilton Dance Company and OMG it was the most exciting hour of dance I have ever seen....ever!! :lol:

Like Isadora Duncan said:

"No I can't explain the dance to you, if I could tell you what it meant, there would be no point in dancing it"
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Oh, the contemporary at the CAT is worse - what they did at Millennium on Wednesday was very good & I quite liked it