Jazz dance extra class

Moderator: busybusybusy

dabdab
Nominee

Jazz dance extra class

Post by dabdab »

I feel my dd is lacking in jazz dance (she does do some jazz plus ballet and tap). Wondered if anyone know of a sort of 'associate' scheme at a reasonably high level (Adv 1 +).
Kitschqueen
GRAMMY Award

Re: Jazz dance extra class

Post by Kitschqueen »

Hi, I don't know of any specific jazz associate schemes but Ballet West in Scotland has an Aspiring Professionals course where they study ballet and jazz. You have to audition (ballet) for the Glasgow classes but not the Edinburgh ones. I guess it depends whereabouts in the country you live but they train once a month on a Sunday so may be do-able if you live in the North of England.
Hope you find something that suits your dd :D
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Not an associate class but Bodyworks is running a Contemporary & Jazz Easter course http://www.bodywork-dance.co.uk/easter-school-2013/

I have a flyer with the details of who is teaching; but I can't upload it as I'm a techno dork (.docX & pdf aren't allowed.....) - I guess if you PM me with an email address I can attach it?
FelixGirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by FelixGirl »

I don't know any specific associate schemes, but my DD and her friends take classes at Pineapple or Danceworks in the holidays - she's 16 and at MT college. It will depend on whether you are close enough to London obviously!!