Dance East CAT

Moderator: busybusybusy

woody
BRIT Award

Dance East CAT

Post by woody »

Hi there, is there anyone who can give me information about the level of the ballet classes on the Dance East CAT programme?

I spoke to a helpful lady on the phone, but she wasn't really able to tell me anything other than there are 5 groups, set by ballet/contemporary standard, but couldn't really say what grade/level they are at.

My dd is going to the audition, and she is currently studying RAD Advanced 1. She is also on a ballet associate programme, and if accepted onto the CAT, she would probably need to choose between the two.

Advice please, thanks.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: Dance East CAT

Post by Katymac »

It's really for contemporary - the Ballet is unstreamed, so likely to be very basic for her I'd have thought. How old is she?

Why not visit & see what it feels like?
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Hi, she's 14 and ballet is her main thing, I think. Maybe we will go to the open day and get a feel of the place.

Are the groups split on age or contemporary standard then? She does do contemporary, but I wouldn't say it was her favourite, she is really hoping to go down the classical route.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I'm sorry I don't know how the groups are split
mumtomil
GRAMMY Award

Post by mumtomil »

Good luck, have you tried RAD?
Last edited by mumtomil on Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 girl with ambitions to be in the westend.
www.starnow.co.uk/millyzero
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

millyzero wrote:RAD is better ballet based
A CAT is completely different to a system of training like RAD or ISTD..
Have you decided what you are doing Woody? It's tough as the CAT training is generally amazing but to give up the ballet associate program would be a big deal.
DS has decided not to go for the CAT at Laban this Saturday although he loves contemporary. If he got through, he would have to give up his Saturday performing Arts school.... Hard one !
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Riverdancefan, she has decided to stay where she is, as it is really ballet she wants to do.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

woody wrote:Riverdancefan, she has decided to stay where she is, as it is really ballet she wants to do.
Ah good for her!!
It's good to look at something new though, at least it's reinforced her real passion :D
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE