Dance schools and singing!

Moderator: busybusybusy

xdancerx4xlifex
BRIT Award

Dance schools and singing!

Post by xdancerx4xlifex »

Hi everyone,

I had my audition for two major dance colleges last week and I will be receiving my letter from them very soon.
I gained good feedback and during my interview they said my dancing was at a high standard but my singing was the weakest subject. After I sang my song, they said I had a good voice but needed more technical training as there was a lot of tension when I sang certain parts.

I am now constantly doubting that I will be accepted due to my singing and the fact I don't have much technique.
He also said that some people come to the college being more confident dancers and less of a singer and vice versa.
It is just annoying because I know how important being an all rounder is nowadays!

Have you or anyone else's daughters been accepted to a 3 year course at a top college but been unable to sing very well?

I would love to hear from you all. :D
Flowerdew
Nominee

Re: Dance schools and singing!

Post by Flowerdew »

My dd was accepted into a top college and awarded a DADA based on her dance! Dd had been at a purely classical/contemporary school and definately had no vocal training! She only had a couple of singing lessons to prepare a song a couple of weeks before her audition! It sounds from what you said that they gave you some encouraging feedback. Good luck for the result I hope you don't have too long to wait!