Wow! Are these kids made of bouncy bendy stuff?

Moderator: busybusybusy

Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Wow! Are these kids made of bouncy bendy stuff?

Post by Flosmom »

Thought you might like to take a look at this :shock: :D :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/1 ... lp00000009

My DDs aren't strong dancers, so I'm wondering whether this is as extraordinary as it looks to me, or do you have shelf loads of your DCs doing more or less this kind of thing?

Enjoy!

Deb
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Re: Wow! Are these kids made of bouncy bendy stuff?

Post by francescasmum »

The cheek of it, how dare they copy my 6am exercise routine! :lol:

Absolutely amazing - they must have rubber spines, the movement where they balance on their chins was breath taking. =D> =D> =D>
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

They are amazing! It's not just you that thinks that!
What makes it even more amazing is the fact that they are so in-sync. There's no point doing a performance or piece like that with loads of talented dancers unless they are together or in-sync.
Only down fall to them being so together is that they don't seem to be showing a lot of individuality or passion when they dance, however with all of the skill they have I don't think that it will be a problem. Either way they might be like that intentionally to see like robots.

Anyway, besides that, these girls are absolutely PHENOMENAL!
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Very good - can't imagine how many hours of practice they must be putting in.
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

It's amazing - but read about how the Chinese train their child gymnasts a few years ago and it was quite brutal :( so when I watched it i wondered what those children had to go through to get to that level of perfection.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

They have undoubtedly undergone hours of training as Welshmum says the Chinese system is quite harsh. They are all amazingly flexible. As for being in-sync - yes very important. I have never forgotten watching a show my DD was in a number of years ago as a youngster. The older girls had a very fast piece of music and their dance included lots of leaps, turns, rolls on the floor. It was amazing to watch and they were so tight and then there was a power cut. All 15 girls froze in the position they were in and when the music suddenly started again almost a minute later they continued again as one. Obviously they had not been trained for power cuts but their routine was so well rehearsed every single girl stayed perfectly in sync with the others.
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

My DD did a LOT of freestyle disco at one time and could probably have done a fair bit of this routine :shock:
She is known as 'BendyWendy' ( her name isn't Wendy !! ) and has the most amazing natural and trained flexibility as I'm sure those who have seen any of her photos will agree ? ( there are a couple on Star Now )
I wouldn't say she is on par with someone who does gymnastics but such flexibility combined in a dance routine certainly does look impressive.

However, she now has to have her stretching exercises carefully monitored as her CAT scheme are less impressed with her bendiness and if she is serious about a career in dance then she needs to take care of her growing muscles and tendons and not put them under undue pressure by overstretching them.
DD understands this now and is much less flexible than she used to be because she isn't continuously overstretching.
We do still see people in freestyle dance who do the most jaw dropping moves with their little bodies and I can see my DD out of the corner of my eye looking wistful that she can't do it anymore whereas I now cringe at the potential damage they could be doing !!
My DD absolutely loved the video Deb - thank you so much for posting it.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I actually got bored watching it. Yes it's an amazing display of gymnastics but its not ballet. Where's the artistry & connection?