shoes for the boys?

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

shoes for the boys?

Post by riverdancefan »

Hi all
really struggling to get DS ballet shoes now, he is an 11 in adult size and 12 in ballet shoes.
He currently has the canvas black blochs and they really are not a good fit. I need white leather preferably. Does anyone have any ideas?
I know we could go up to London for fitting and I think that is going to be the only way...but wondered if anyone knew of any stockists for boys with flipping great plates of meat!!! :roll:

He is nearing the end size of Vans, converses etc...they don't seem to cater for big lads [-(
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Re: shoes for the boys?

Post by Katymac »

I can only find white canvas

http://www.justballet.co.uk/shop/men-1/ ... t-shoes--/

But I think if you ring or email she might be able to source them for you she is great
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Came across this while looking - it's probably old stuff to you but thought it worth posting

http://boysdoballet.blogspot.co.uk/2010 ... oes-1.html
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Thanks Katy - wil have a look :D
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

I haven't managed to find anything for you so hopefully those first position shoes will be OK. I struggled recently finding pink ballet shoes for dd who is an adult size 8 and (ballet shoe size 9). I ended up waiting a month for Dancemania to get them in stock, so GOOD LUCK!
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I've just realised IDS is wholesale you have to buy them from here http://www.danceandshop.com/Products/LBT

Pink size 8's there too!
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Move Dancewear have shoes in larger sizes and a men's section for dance clothing too. Not sure if they have white leather but they do have more than 1 white canvas brand of shoe. It is a site I have used before and found to be quick with delivery and reliable. http://www.movedancewear.com/dance_shoe ... shoe/1080/
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

V useful links thanks as I need to oder a first pair of jazz shoes for DS. There seems to be some debate about whether it's best to order normal sizing or a size up. He's usually a size 1. Any tips welcome as always, thanks
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Thanks so much everyone!! \:D/
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Did you get some?
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Jazz shoes orders normally ask you to order by normal uk street shoe size as they usually come marked in US sizes. They are usually a snug fit and if your DS feet are still growing I don't think it matters if you order a size bigger. I doubt the jazz shoes would be too big for him to dance in and they might last him a bit longer. If in doubt maybe just order a half size up. For DD we ordered her normal uk size (her feet have stopped growing) and her 1st pair and 2nd pair are different sizes, despite being bought from the same site. Both pairs fit her equally well which is why I say I don't think there is much difference in the sizing.