Best dancewear suppliers - older boy / young man sizes

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littlemum
GRAMMY Award

Best dancewear suppliers - older boy / young man sizes

Post by Littlemum »

Hello all
My DS is set to go to study musical theatre at college in September and I've not been on the case at all until today to look at uniform requirements. DS is a small young adult - fits about age 14 (he is 16) - my inclination is to try to get him to a shop who can help us rather than buy from the internet but can anyone recommend anywhere in the North West to do this? He will need everything from unitard, tap shoes, jazz pants etc including the dreaded dance belt...
Any recommendations would be gratefully received thank you.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Best dancewear suppliers - older boy / young man sizes

Post by Hecouldshine »

Little mum it is incredibly hard to find dancewear shops that keep stock for boys/men. I doubt you'll find one but I hope I'm mistaken. I have been lucky a couple of times with Planet Dance in Batley (near Bradford/Leeds), but I would ring and check first. I usually do an Internet order. Beware the "in stock" label on the website - it's not always accurate and I've waited 6 weeks for an "in stock" item sometimes. Always best to ring to check - I've had them run off to the storeroom in the past!
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

Like Hecouldshine I suspect you'll find this tricky. Best bet is to find an online with a good returns policy. When DS was dancing we had trouble. Might be worth calling the school - they may have access to something like the IDS catalogue? Or if he's already at a dance school ask the teacher? Sorry - it can be hard. Ebay and Amazon can be helpful too.
Billysmum
Nominee

Post by Billysmum »

Hi Littlemum - good to hear from you. You could try Move Dancewear in Manchester City Centre http://www.movedancewear.com/shop_info.php. They do stock some boys/men's things and can order in.