Applying for 2013

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: Applying for 2013

Post by sapphire »

nigelben wrote:Well done to your DDs, that's great news :D

My DS had his audition at LIPA yesterday and really enjoyed it. He was there for 4 1/2 hours and it's great that they are all given the chance to perform all their pieces, which reading some of this thread is not always the case. Now a case of waiting, they were told they would get a letter but in the info email previous to the audition it said they would get an email if recalled and would be sent a letter/updated on UCAS if they were unsuccessful, so not sure exactly what he should be looking out for. Whatever the outcome from his first 2 auditions-Manchester Met-still waiting on the outcome- and LIPA, they have both been positive experiences and he has enjoyed them both.
Man Met contact you only through UCAS ... think it took about 2-3 weeks for DD to hear back from them last year. The letter from LIPA came the next day! However, when DD auditioned, they did the recall the same day. She started at LIPA in September ... and is loving it \:D/ Good luck to your DS! Keep us posted!
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Hi
Has anyone had auditions at Chichester or Bath Spa for the acting/theatre courses. DS has been called to auditions at his other 3 choices but not heard from these 2?

Big 'well done's to everyone who has been doing so well at the auditions.

tikka
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

Tess wrote:Well done to your DD showtunes, that's brilliant news. You must be so pleased & proud!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Thank you! :D
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

nigelben wrote:Thanks Showtunes

My DS is going for the BA Acting at LIPA, he did 2 monologues and a musical theatre song at the audition.

He's applied for 4 acting courses and 2 MT, he would like to do MT but is a bit put off by the dance element as it's not his strongest point!

Its a shame that lipa don't currently do a mt course. Good luck to your Ds on his remaining auditons. :D
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

tikka wrote:Hi
Has anyone had auditions at Chichester or Bath Spa for the acting/theatre courses. DS has been called to auditions at his other 3 choices but not heard from these 2?

Big 'well done's to everyone who has been doing so well at the auditions.

tikka

I know they were doing auditions for those courses along with the mt triple threat course when my dd went for hers. But I know of someone who had to cancel her acting audition because of the snow and is now going in march,so don't worry they must still be doing audtions.

A girl who my dd met on her audition day received an offer today also but not for the course she had applied for. She was offered mt course with music rather than the triple threat one. I didn't realise they did that.
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Thanks Showtunes.

I rather liked Chichester, and one of the tutors there has worked with DS before and suggested he applied as he thought the course was perfect for him......so it does seem odd he hasn't been called to audition.

I will be glad when its all over!

tikka
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

tikka wrote:Thanks Showtunes.

I rather liked Chichester, and one of the tutors there has worked with DS before and suggested he applied as he thought the course was perfect for him......so it does seem odd he hasn't been called to audition.

I will be glad when its all over!

tikka
Perhaps call them? We have rang for info before and they are really friendly and helpful. Plus there is of course a slim chance that the audition invite could have gone astray. That happened to my dd with her mountview e mail. I rang to enquire when it would be likely her audition would be and the lady replied that they had sent dd an e mail 2 months before. :shock: it must have gone into her spam and then her e mail server (hotmail) deletes it after 10 days. Anyway we set up another date so it was ok in the end. So I would just check to be on the safe side.
dorothy
GRAMMY Award

Post by dorothy »

showtunes wrote:My dd heard this morning that she has been offered a place at Chichester uni for the triple threat musical theatre course. She is very pleased \:D/ will prob still do the other couple of audtions she has left but really liked it there.
It's been a long two weeks waiting for the news! :D
Good luck to others waiting.
That is really good news. Congratulations to your dd. It looks a good course and my dd wishes she had applied there. Probably all the places will be gone soon so probably no chance of applying this year
dorothy
GRAMMY Award

Post by dorothy »

jasmine2 wrote:Brilliant news...my dd also offered the course at Chichester :D
Congratulations to your dd. Well done
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

dorothy wrote:
showtunes wrote:My dd heard this morning that she has been offered a place at Chichester uni for the triple threat musical theatre course. She is very pleased \:D/ will prob still do the other couple of audtions she has left but really liked it there.
It's been a long two weeks waiting for the news! :D
Good luck to others waiting.
That is really good news. Congratulations to your dd. It looks a good course and my dd wishes she had applied there. Probably all the places will be gone soon so probably no chance of applying this year
I know you can apply via ucas after the deadline but not sure the ins and outs of it all just that its never too late. If your dd wants to apply to chichester I'm sure it's not too late. Perhaps give them a call? The admissions people are very helpful. The ucas and student room also has good info on applying past the deadline.
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

you can apply via UCAS until 20th June - even though the deadline was 15 January - your application goes off to the Universities and if they've still places available they'll still look at your application in the normal way - It's worth calling the individual Unis/Colleges to put your mind at ease to their process and timing of everything, but from UCAS point of view,they'll still send off applications right up until end of June, so that's good news for anyone who still wants to apply somewhere.
tikka
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikka »

Just phoned CHichester and they had emailed DS an audition date on 14 dec, which he didn't receive. So I'm glad I phoned as they will reschedule it.

Thanks Showtunes.

tikka
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

tikka wrote:Just phoned CHichester and they had emailed DS an audition date on 14 dec, which he didn't receive. So I'm glad I phoned as they will reschedule it.

Thanks Showtunes.

tikka
Phew! Glad you got it sorted!
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

tikka wrote:Just phoned CHichester and they had emailed DS an audition date on 14 dec, which he didn't receive. So I'm glad I phoned as they will reschedule it.

Thanks Showtunes.

tikka
Fabulous! So pleased for you. If you want any specific audition details for your Ds just pm me and I can give you the info. :D
nigelben
BRIT Award

Post by nigelben »

It was a no from lipa :( but ds remains positive which is great :) He still hasn't heard anything from Manchester Met and that was 2 weeks ago, think they're meant to hear through UCAS, I do know of others who are waiting as well, does anyone know how long it normally takes?

Two down, five to go!!!