How soon do they let you know?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

mogs
BAFTA Award

How soon do they let you know?

Post by mogs »

Hi. My ds is auditioning for Italia Conti on the 23rd Jan. Hes applying to do the btec course. He came home from school today with a letter-his drama department are going to New York next year but we have to pay the deposit by the 29th Jan! Do you think we would have heard anything by then ? If he doesnt get in then he will be staying on in school and doesnt want to miss out on the trip. What have been your experiences?
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Re: How soon do they let you know?

Post by suesmith »

mogs - my dd auditioning next Thursday too -
she is already there on the Professional Course, I think you hear quite quickly, but maybe worth mentioning to them at interview - good luck :) :)
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

With both my dc (who are at different schools), it was exactly a week after the audition that we heard. Not sure whether this is just a coincidence or standard. Good luck.
All new to me!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Couldn't you explain your situation to the school and they may let you delay your application until you have heard, the 29th is probably just a date they have plucked out of the air, it's not like they are going in a few week, an extra day or two shouldn't make a difference.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Thank you all so much for replying. Ive tried to speak to the school today but am waiting for someone to get back to me. I'm hoping it is just a date that the school has said-not the actual date they are paying it but they are going in October(next school year-sorry oops!) and have stated they are on a tight schedule to arrange it all. We may be lucky and will hear something before then but i may mention it on the day as we really wouldnt want him to miss out on it.
suesmith wrote:mogs - my dd auditioning next Thursday too -
-Lots of luck to her. I havent felt nervous for him until this week. It seems to have come around so quickly. My husband is taking him as i have training that i cant get out of. May be a blessing really as i think i would be more nervous than him and no help at all :shock: They'll probably bump into each other as he has to register at 10am and his audition isnt until 2.40pm.
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

mogs - asked my dd how quickly they hear, she said all her friends have heard within a week :) They have a full Open Day on Thursday as well. Her audition is at 1pm but she has to be back at 5pm for lessons so hasnt decided if she will come home inbetween or not - we only live 20mins away :) I'm sure she will be nervous but at the moment is more nervous for her Urdang audition which is this Sunday!! Good luck to your ds - let me know how it goes. Is he auditioning anywhere else? x
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Oh thats good news. At least they're not keeping them waiting too long. Its the only place he's applied for. He's only 15 (16 this month) and we didnt realise that these such places did btec courses #-o It's only that hes always been interested in Conti's and saw it on their website. I wish we had looked at a few others now just to get him some experience of auditioning. The way we see it is it's all experience. We weren't expecting to look at colleges with him until he was 18 so if he doesnt get in, he wants to try again next year and maybe look at some others but at least he'll know what to expect. We did the open day at the end of October and he loved it so he's looking forward to Thursday. Lots of luck to your daughter on Sunday. Really admire them for wanting to chase their dream at this age. :D
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

1 week 2 days for the 3yr diploma!!
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Just read your other post. Huge congratulations to your dd. she must be over the moon. My ds has just left. Staying overnight as they have to sign in by 10 and we are based in South Wales. It's good that they're getting back o them so quickly. Well done again =D>
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Goodness - is he by himself?

It's a bit of a journey isn't it?

Good luck to him!!
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

His dad took him :lol: Really strange not being there with them and its been the longest day waiting for news. Main thing is he enjoyed it and felt he did his best.
Suesmith-i think my ds may have spent some time with your dd this afternoon. He was speaking to a local girl who goes there part time :D
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Hi mogs - yes they did spend time together! My dd was last to audition in the end as she was staying on for classes - did he enjoy it? My dd said he had an amazing voice :) Also turned out he knows Nick Evans from Billy Elliot - my dd was one of the ballet girls in Billy for 18 months - small world :) Hope he did well - although would obviously mean leaving home for him - very different for my dd only 20mins down the road! xxx
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Sue were you there too? Or did your DD listen to the 'how they decide the DaDA talk'?

Cos my DD didn't :roll:
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

No Kate I wasn't - this was Guildford for BTEC they are not accredited yet for DADAs on their 3 year course - sorry :( Have you rung main College to ask? Does dd have any preference over Conti or Millenium? I guess you have to go for both? X
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

We go for both!!

My deputy is off so I'm very short of time atm; maybe next week if she is back