How soon do they let you know?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

mogs
BAFTA Award

Re: How soon do they let you know?

Post by mogs »

suesmith wrote:Hi mogs - yes they did spend time together! My dd was last to audition in the end as she was staying on for classes - did he enjoy it?
He had such a great day. Think they got on well. He commented on her dancing and said how good she was. He enjoyed the classes again today and can't get over how friendly everyone is and made him feel so relaxed before he did the audition. I cried saying goodbye to him before he left so think I may need help if he did get in! Lol. Fingers crossed for them both xxx
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

We were at the open day at Conti's Guildford today. DD loved it. I think she would need to live in though as journey quite long - the killer being the bus journey at the end from the town centre (1st bus did not turn up). Does anyone know the differences between the 3 year course at Guildford and the diploma Conti's offer in London? It sounds complicated, I don't think you can top up the 3 year Guildford one to a degree as its not a Trinity diploma but you do get the benefit of the teacher training which you can't do in London. Trying to work out what would be best for us.
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Mummyaud wrote: Does anyone know the differences between the 3 year course at Guildford and the diploma Conti's offer in London? It sounds complicated, I don't think you can top up the 3 year Guildford one to a degree as its not a Trinity diploma but you do get the benefit of the teacher training which you can't do in London. Trying to work out what would be best for us.
Hi Mummyaud - my dd is on Professional course at Guildford - part time. The main difference (as I see it) is that Guildford is currently not accredited and cannot offer DaDas, they also focus more on the teaching side of things. Dd auditioned for BTEC yesterday as really wants to do her Diploma/degree training at one of the bigger colleges in London - just personal choice. Having said that she absolutely loves her training at Guildford and I would highly recommend it as a college not only for the teaching but for the atmosphere and care they give. :D
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Thanks, yes it seems very friendly and they obviously know all their students really well.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Thats what i particularly like about it. If my ds was offered a place he would be leaving home at just 16 and that frightens me but you had the feeling that they would be looked after there :D
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Yes Mogs, I agree, ideal in that respect and that appeals to me too. My DD still in Yr 10 so not for this year's intake but we will definitely audition there when the time comes. I know she will want to do all the top up stuff and will probably have to live in so need to sort out finances. I think with accommodation and top up using the BTEC funding for the first 2 years its possible (similar to the cost of commuting to a London college on a DADA for us) but not sure what happens in the third year as unless got funding/scholarship from Conti's we could not afford the full fees for the 3rd year.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

My ds had his letter from Italia Conti's this morning. He has been accepted onto the 3 yr diploma course :D I am now officially a pauper for the next three years! Still cant quite believe the news :D
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Oh Mogs - how wonderful!! You must be so pleased/releived you know what is happening
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Great news !!! Well done to M and get saving now ! :D :D :D :D
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

Fabulous news :D Start saving now and a big well done to M :D
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Congratulations to your DS Mogs and hugs to you as the reality of your DS leaving home at 16 to study hits home. My DD was only just 16 (a summer birthday) and whilst I obviously miss her and worry about her, is some ways I probably hear more about her day to day life now than if she had been at home. In year 11, between school, dance, friends etc I barely got to spend much time with DD as she was always so busy. Now I get texts several times a day, emails, Skype sessions and phone calls but best of all is the fact that I have a DD who is so happy and excited to be living her dream that I cannot regret letting her go.
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Hey well done to your ds Mogs - just popped over to drop something for my dd and she said she'd heard from him!! dd has been offered BTEC with top up there and also found out yesterday she has been offered a Foundation place at Urdang - so very excited!! Just got Laine audition to go then will need to make a decision - eek!! :D
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

Well done to your dd suesmith, we are still waiting to hear back from Urdang but she was only there last Sunday so might be a bit quick for a reply yet. She also did tring during the week but not expecting much there but the waiting is still horrible.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Congratulations to your ds mogs, and your dd suesmith. Great news =D> =D> =D>
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
jesajo
GRAMMY Award

Post by jesajo »

Congratulations to M mogs. I have just text S the news she said to tell him Congratulations =D>