September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

woody
BRIT Award

Re: September 2015

Post by woody »

Can I just remind everyone that if a school offers a Dada they are not allowed to charge anyone a deposit or registration fee to accept a Dada place and CDET are VERY interested to hear of any schools who are breaking the rules.
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Urdang have not asked us for any deposit, just a load of forms to fill in!!! But I am more than happy to fill in as many forms as necessary I'm just glad that for us at least we have a firm offer and from one of dd's top 2 choices. I really do feel for everyone waiting its horrible but like a few have said Laines should send out offers soon and Birds have their final auditions next week so I guess they will then start making offers. Good Luck everyone [-o<
Bring it on!!!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Yes CDET are very interested in deposits
Mummyaud
BRIT Award

Post by Mummyaud »

Have pm'd you Katymac.

Lets hope all those waiting hear again from Urdang next week after Sunday's auditions. :roll:

Just wondering when you get a DADA offer how long to you get to accept or decline? Am I right in saying you can't accept more than 1 award so if you complete all the paperwork and accept the DADA are you then tied to that? Must be so difficult not knowing when you will hear from other colleges.
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

Hi Pearl
Just read a few of your posts and huge congratulations to E for getting the offer she wanted. She must be a wonderful performer now as she was brilliant was it 5 years ago? =D> =D>
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Thankyou Kez, she is so excited, Can you believe it will be 6 years next month since the kids started in Chitty!! How time flies xxx
Bring it on!!!
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

Urdang finally went up on UCAS - but anyone else with a DC that may be considering the degree at Urdang - you might want to look at the fine print....our conditions on UCAS are VERY different from the conditions on the letter.

Letter - 200 UCAS points
UCAS offer - is the equivalent of approx 320 UCAS points - still not a problem - but thats a substantial difference.

Its exam time here....I'm nervous for my dd but I think she should be fine...I guess we just wait and see what happens when results start coming this summer. Shes working flat out now and we have all our fingers and toes crossed for getting the results she needs.

So happy for all of you that are getting offers to sort out! Its exciting times for many of the students now.
Last edited by cluelessmum on Thu May 07, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Almo
BRIT Award

Post by Almo »

I have just looked on Uncas and it says 200 ucas points. Where did you see 320?
cluelessmum
BRIT Award

Post by cluelessmum »

Her actual offer on UCAS didn't mention points it mentioned minimum grades - and when you tally everything up its a minimum of 320 UCAS points and not the 200 points that we expected.

For example they are looking for a high score in English literature...but I'm surprised that the offer is significantly different from the one on the letter that was mailed to us a few months ago. It matters not in the long run as my dd has hit the books hard and wants to secure the best marks possible for her to make best offers possible.

I was just surprised at the lack of consistency in the offer from the same school.
Last edited by cluelessmum on Thu May 07, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Almo
BRIT Award

Post by Almo »

I am surprised too clueless mum, that is very odd.
Ds is not doing A levels though, he is doing btec in dance and performing arts and his offer doesn't mention anything about grades, just points.
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

Has anyone heard from London Studio Centre since recalls? Also waiting to hear from Laines re Dada this waiting is hard :shock:
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

No News from LSC here either :( It's really getting tiresome!!!
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Nothing from Laines yet :(
Bring it on!!!
Lorry
BRIT Award

Post by Lorry »

This is so hard ](*,)
ajbew
BRIT Award

Post by ajbew »

I know. We are waiting for Laine too. Plus DS found out on Wednesday that he has a reserve place at Mountview. He is near the top of the list but it means more waiting! These two are his favourites so it's hard to make any decisions or plans. It is driving me crazy!