September 2015

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Danceking
Nominee

Re: September 2015

Post by Danceking »

Hi everyone I'm new to this site want to say and well done to everyone's the ds / dd who have got a yes and good luck to everyone still waiting.
My Ds auditioned last year we gave a deposit on a dada and just read that cdet want to no if anyone does give this. may be to late now but I can't find any contact details does anyone no
Thankyou
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

Council for Dance Education and Training
Old Brewer's Yard
17-19 Neal Street
Covent Garden
London
WC2H 9UY

info@cdet.org.uk

020 7240 5703

Office hours 9.30 - 5 Mon - Fri
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

I 'think' last year it was advise - this year it's the rules

So that's why I didn't make a fuss last year because it wasn't 'the rules'
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

The first year of the new way of distributing DADAs there was a clause to the affect that charging a deposit was not allowed and for the first year only it was 'under advice' as colleges got used to the new system. But surely last year was the second year so deposits should not have been charged.
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

It's still happening though, and I do urge anyone who has paid a deposit to ask for their money back!
Cricksters
Nominee

Post by Cricksters »

I know. It's endless waiting and so stressful...
Maria54
BRIT Award

Post by Maria54 »

What are the chances of the Laine letters coming out this week? Just thinking that if any of our DC are lucky enough to be offered a DADA the forms need completing ( bird stated 31st may) ,would this be the same date for Laine? An earlier post on this thread said it was a 3 week wait for letters last year.!!! Can't take much more of this waiting and uncertainty . !!!! ](*,)
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

I reckon Laine letters will be out this week - we got ours 15th May last year and recalls were same time as this years were :)
Good luck and hang in there for all of you still waiting for news , good luck also to those who have the added stress of GCSEs/BTECs/AS's/A Levels I remember only to well what a stressful time it was!! :) :)
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

Thanks for info suesmith, have been waiting for post everyday in anticipation!!

dd's gcse exams start tomorrow, I don't think she really cares, doesn't seem too stressed at all! I suppose there's no pressure on her knowing that she will be off to college in September :D

Good luck everyone I think Urdang had another funding recall today so possibly more movement there as well over the next couple of weeks.
Bring it on!!!
Almo
BRIT Award

Post by Almo »

Ds is holding out for Laines but needs to confirm
degree place at Urdang by the 15th!
Laines is his favourite but I would rather he took the Urdang degree place as it is better financially. Also I feel that having a degree would be better in the long run.
This is so difficult, is anyone else in this position?
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

We had to confirm dada offer for Urdang by the 15th too. I have accepted the offer and if dd is lucky enough to get an offer from Laines I presume we are entitled to change our minds if we want to!
I'm sure this must happen all the time which is why there is so much movement on the reserve lists. :-s
Bring it on!!!
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

DD is panicking

She thinks that because she has accepted one DaDA she can't accept another one. I've said she can as long as she refuses the other straight away

That is right isn't it? She doesn't believe me :roll:
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Tell her yes she can Katymac. She can hold onto 2 or more whilst she makes her mind up. Schools report back as far as I am aware to say who they have offered DADAs to and if come end of June or July she still held more than one she would be contacted and asked to refuse one. Note - I estimate the date as I have no inside knowledge but I do know of someone who had multiple DADAs right til the end of June last year. Obviously for other students waiting its nice if a DADA offer is returned as quickly as possible but at the same time it is an important decision for your DD and she should not be rushed.
Joy Bowden
Nominee

Post by Joy Bowden »

LSC letters are due to be received today. Good luck everyone !
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Thank you 2dancersmum; she feels better now :roll: