Rambert waiting list

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Foreverdancing
Nominee

Rambert waiting list

Post by Foreverdancing »

Is anyone else on the waiting list for Rambert? I am quite confused about how it is working as i think that the recall audition hasn't affected the list at all. Does anyone know where they are on the list and did anyone get a place after the recall?

Also, is anyone holding a place a Rambert that they may give up if they get a place or funding at another school?

Many thanks for any information!
Maria54
BRIT Award

Re: Rambert waiting list

Post by Maria54 »

A friend of ours Dd who had a reserve place at Rambert and went to final on 30th april has been given a place. She was also on the reserve list at elmhurst but will be giving that place up.
Foreverdancing
Nominee

Post by Foreverdancing »

Thank you Maria54, that is really useful information. Well done to your friend's dd!!
joemill
Nominee

Post by joemill »

Hi foreverdancing,
my son was offered the reserve list after his first audition and also attended the recall on the 30th of April. He the received an email to say that he was still on the reserve list.. apparently there are 2 lists, the normal and a priority list. I hadn't heard untill I read the above post of anyone being offered a place after the recall. Have you heard anything else from them?? X
Foreverdancing
Nominee

Post by Foreverdancing »

No, we haven't heard anything else! I'm beginning to think that a place is quite unlikely, now!
joemill
Nominee

Post by joemill »

Hi, apparently I have heard that a girl who did not get to do her solo, physio or interview and was not on the reserve list or didn't even attend the recall,, has just been offered a place????? X
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

The schools are a law unto themselves! Maybe this person was a definite 'yes' from the start and there was a misunderstanding somewhere along the line. Who knows what the circumstances are, and to be honest, although things may appear unfair from the point of view of somebody still waiting, there is no point in speculating.

My dd is on a waiting list for another school (she's already accepted somewhere else now anyway so doesn't need it) and we know that several people offered places have turned them down, yet everyone on the waiting list has been told there is no movement and no places are available. So - who's been given the vacant places there, if they didn't go to the people on the waiting list?

At the end of the day, I guess they will offer places to whoever they decide to offer them to...
Foreverdancing
Nominee

Post by Foreverdancing »

That seems very odd, Joemill!! Surely everyone who either gets in or onto the waiting list has done solos etc? Also, how do they know if she has any anatomical problems or not if she hasn't seen the physio? I think that some at the recall didn't see the physio at the first audition for some reason but did at the second so everyone on the waiting list has been seen!

Woody, I have heard that some schools over offer as they know some will turn them down. Goodness knows what happens if everyone accepts but I am sure that is what they do!!
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

I agree with Woody that there is no point in speculation. I have known people in the past who have been offered a place without doing the solo and I know this year of someone offered a place who did not attend the recall. No-one who does not work at Rambert knows the ins and outs of the system and for all we know there maybe be more than one list and those who were asked to attend the recall may be the ones they were unsure about and needed to see again for some reason and there may be others on a waiting list or they had already decided about. It is also possible that some people auditioning were already known to Rambert - through summer schools etc so they did not require them to see the physio. As I say it is all speculation. There were a lot of comments along the lines - not fair to those on the waiting list on the forum where the person Joemill refers to posted their news. Its a shame when we cannot just celebrate our DC's achievements without trying to basically guess at why one person gets an offer over another -
joemill
Nominee

Post by joemill »

That's exactly what I thought foreverdancing,, but like everyone keeps saying there is no point in speculating!!! P :-# xx
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

And let's not forget that some places at these schools will be offered to people who didn't attend the regular auditions at all - eg from their summer school or who have been spotted at international competitions etc.