Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by suesmith »

Hi 2girlsmum - yes she was! Depending on what show you saw - she was cast A! We loved it but obviously biased ;)
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

suesmith wrote:Hi 2girlsmum - yes she was! Depending on what show you saw - she was cast A! We loved it but obviously biased ;)
We saw Sat 11th evening show which I believe was Cast A & B.
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

She would have only been in one number that night - but four on the main cast A shows. She is already stressing about going into 3rd and final year as that means she'll be off into the big wide world of auditions :shock:
BettyBooLeigh
Nominee

Post by BettyBooLeigh »

We watched Laine aflame cast A - it was fantastic, loved it!!! DD can't wait to start in September!! Well done :D
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Good luck to your dd BettyBooLeigh I'm sure she'll love it :D
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Yay - accommodation sorted for dd2 for September sharing with 3 second years and another first year. Dd2 has signed up to BOV Youth Company starting in September and has ordered a provisional licence to start driving lessons. Am in the process of sorting a summer school for D's as he starts music college this September. Exciting times :)
JayLou62
GRAMMY Award

Post by JayLou62 »

Dd2 offered a DaDA for Performers today :)
She's turned it down (she was no. 20 on the list).
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

DD just had a Dada offer for Italia!! However she's not sure if Italia is for her as she desperately wants to train at Bird!
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

Congratulations to your DD CHEK - that was a long wait. I guess you have a lot to think about now.
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

2dancersmum wrote:Congratulations to your DD CHEK - that was a long wait. I guess you have a lot to think about now.
Thank you!! :)
It certainly has been a long wait!! Waiting for the offers is worse than the original yes or no's!
We'd resigned ourselves to her starting 6th form in September, which may still be the case as she's not 100% and I don't want to push her at 16 to go somewhere so far away from home, we live in Cheshire so it would be a massive change for all of us!
Her favourite auditions were Bird (still on reserve list) & Laine (offered foundation course) & she's young enough to re audition again in 2yrs with a couple of A levels under her belt!
Now for the family discussions :)
Tatty t
GRAMMY Award

Post by Tatty t »

Dog cop I have pm you , let me know if you don't recieve it
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Got it and replied
lindy7
BRIT Award

Post by lindy7 »

Hi all my DD still waiting on the reserve list for GSA Acting we have heard various acting drama reserve lists are moving i.e. LIPPA, Mountview and also GSA Musical Theatre but still no news for us! its very stressful waiting as we cannot plan anything just in case. As time goes by we think there will be nothing but still hanging in there!! Great for anyone out there has gained a place from the reserve lists and we will have no choice but to pay for all the travel and auditions once again in October!!! CANT WAIT (NOT)
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Feel your pain. My D is on 3 reserve lists!
One of them has "very few" people on it. Hoping like mad for a positive result. ](*,) ](*,)
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Just watched Bodyworks Body Electric show and graduation ceremony...all I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!

And just to top it off my dd got the scholarship this year, so her 3rd year will be fully funded...I am SO SO proud of her and all the students :D \:D/
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......