Auditioning for 2016

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2016

Post by jennifer1972 »

performmum wrote:This just popped up on my Facebook feed, if anyone was still looking for places.

Performers College
Still not confirmed your course choice for September 2016 yet? Limited places have become available for both the Pre-Voc and 3-year Diploma courses so don't delay, get in touch today!

01375 672053 lesley@performerscollege.co.uk
Don't get it. Is this for people they have already seen and said no to, or just those who haven't decided yet? I can't believe they have had trouble filling the spaces with the amount of DCs that apply :-k
moleseymum
BRIT Award

Post by moleseymum »

oscar wrote:Foundation students do not get preferential treatment for GSA , in fact the opposite. University of Surrey dictate entry requirements for the degrees and GSA hands are tied.
I know that is the case, but am amazed that they have places available given the thousands that apply for 30 or so places on their musical theatre degree. And I know at least one student who went with lower grades last year, so they have a little discretion.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

I wonder if they have had European students drop out since Brexit? Apparently that is happening in a lot of universities. I have no idea whether they normally attract international students to the GSA Musical Theatre degree though.
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

moleseymum wrote:
oscar wrote:Foundation students do not get preferential treatment for GSA , in fact the opposite. University of Surrey dictate entry requirements for the degrees and GSA hands are tied.
I know that is the case, but am amazed that they have places available given the thousands that apply for 30 or so places on their musical theatre degree. And I know at least one student who went with lower grades last year, so they have a little discretion.
We were told at the open day that they can take up to 20% of their annual intake with grades below the minimum requirement.
collieni
Nominee

Post by collieni »

DS just been offered a place at Mountview from the reserve list!! He's ecstatic, as Mountview was his dream school, and he'd given up hope of hearing anything. Just shows, there's still a chance of movement, even at this late stage. He's turned down his place at Trinity Laban, so someone on their waiting list will get some good news soon! Now, to find some accommodation.....
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

DS just been offered a place at Mountview from the reserve list!! He's ecstatic, as Mountview was his dream school, and he'd given up hope of hearing anything. Just shows, there's still a chance of movement, even at this late stage. He's turned down his place at Trinity Laban, so someone on their waiting list will get some good news soon! Now, to find some accommodation....

Very well done to him, what great news.
(My DD was a blue Von Trapp at Kilworth with him so I saw this on FB yesterday) - how exciting and so pleased all his hard work has paid off.
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

collieni wrote:DS just been offered a place at Mountview from the reserve list!! He's ecstatic, as Mountview was his dream school, and he'd given up hope of hearing anything. Just shows, there's still a chance of movement, even at this late stage. He's turned down his place at Trinity Laban, so someone on their waiting list will get some good news soon! Now, to find some accommodation.....
Congratulations to your DS Collieni, you must both be thrilled! Brilliant news =D>
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

So having resigned herself to the gap year scenario, DD has been offered a place at Central for the Acting with MT Course. She had been on the reserve list, so sometimes miracles do happen!
She's over the moon, as she had really given up all hope.
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

jaybeeyellow wrote:So having resigned herself to the gap year scenario, DD has been offered a place at Central for the Acting with MT Course. She had been on the reserve list, so sometimes miracles do happen!
She's over the moon, as she had really given up all hope.

Congratulations!
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

Our DD is currently at CAPA and now looking where to consider applying to next. She did a course in the summer at Urdang and really liked it there, we know about Bird and Laine - where else should she look?

She wants to do MT.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Bodywork Company Dance in Cambridge is fab...dance strand or MT strand....

Performers in Essex, Masters, Italia Conti, Mountview, Millenium...

Good luck x
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

London Studio Centre is fantastic for MT (and for other things too...) Actually, they're fantastic, period!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

afab wrote:London Studio Centre is fantastic for MT (and for other things too...) Actually, they're fantastic, period!
I have heard good things about London Studio Centre too, :D

I think you should go and see all that you can and see which places give you a good feeling...everyone is different. Good luck :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

I have one DD already at LSC and one starting in September, both doing the degree if someone needs information.
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

afab wrote:I have one DD already at LSC and one starting in September, both doing the degree if someone needs information.
Yes please, the more info we have the better.

Thanks for the replies everyone!