Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by beanie-bean »

That's fabulous news Reach for the Stars! xxx Well done toy your dd xxx
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

jesajo wrote:A big well done to your dd . \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>
mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Wow!! Huge congratulations that's brilliant news. We were there yesterday so are waiting for a letter anytime x
beanie-bean wrote:That's fabulous news Reach for the Stars! xxx Well done toy your dd xxx
Thanks everyone, I have a super happy DD. Hoping for good news for you too "mummyofmylittlestar"
awatson88
BRIT Award

Post by awatson88 »

Hii, thought I'd let everyone know my current progress with Drama School auditions! I'm 17, and have auditioned for RADA, GSA, Central, ArtsEd,

So far I have gotten through recalls for Centrals and ArtsEd, and rejections for RADA and GSA which were expected
Hoping the recalls will go well! And I have auditions this week for BOV and LAMDA

Good luck to everyone's DCs xx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Well done for your recalls awatson88 and good luck for the rest of your auditions xxxx
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Awatson88 it sounds like things are going well for you. Good luck with recalls x
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

reachforthestars wrote:Can finally say, DD auditioned at Laine on Monday and was offered a scholarship, on the spot, during her audition by Miss Laine herself. Letter arrived today. We are all thrilled :D
Congratulations and well done, that's great news
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

reachforthestars wrote:Can finally say, DD auditioned at Laine on Monday and was offered a scholarship, on the spot, during her audition by Miss Laine herself. Letter arrived today. We are all thrilled :D
Oh my goodness!! That is amazing, really well done! What a wonderful Christmas present!! =D> =D>
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

awatson88 wrote:Hii, thought I'd let everyone know my current progress with Drama School auditions! I'm 17, and have auditioned for RADA, GSA, Central, ArtsEd,

So far I have gotten through recalls for Centrals and ArtsEd, and rejections for RADA and GSA which were expected
Hoping the recalls will go well! And I have auditions this week for BOV and LAMDA

Good luck to everyone's DCs xx
Good luck and let us know how you get on!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Hi everyone it is time to introduce myself I think as I have been watching this thread with interest as my DD is year 11 and auditioning. I hope the auditions are going well for your DC's. :lol:
Where is your DD auditioning? How old is she? How is she finding the auditions so far?
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

:( Hi Jenifer my daughter is only 16 in July so at the younger end. She has a place at a local dance college doing level 6 Diploma so that was a positive start for us. Her Laine letter is at home waiting for her when she gets in from school, it's s thin one so not feeling too positive about that one. She has Body Works, Urdang, Tring and Stella Mann in January. We are sending off our Bird application over Christmas in the hope of a February audition. I am finding it very stressful so far :(
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Foundation offer for Laine =D> I am really proud of my 15 year old :)
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Foundation offer for Laine =D> I am really proud of my 15 year old :)
Good news, well done! We know someone who did the Foundation at Laines after auditioning at age 15, really enjoyed her year, worked hard and auditioned again the following year and was successful, she is now 1 term into her 1st year of the diploma
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Thankyou 2girlsmum (not sure how to quote) after an initial disappointment she now is celebrating and I am thrilled for her. We still have other auditions next month but she really did fall in love with Laine and we have had great news from her two auditions so far of funding audition and place on a level 6 diploma and a Foundation place :lol:
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Foundation offer for Laine =D> I am really proud of my 15 year old :)
Hey, brilliant news!! Well done her!! =D>
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

2girlsmum wrote:
Congratulations and well done, that's great news
jennifer1972 wrote:
Oh my goodness!! That is amazing, really well done! What a wonderful Christmas present!! =D> =D>
Thank you everyone :)