Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by reachforthestars »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Foundation offer for Laine =D> I am really proud of my 15 year old :)
Congratulations to you and your dd =D>
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Well done to your dd, mummyofmylittlestar! Sounds like she's doing very well in her auditions. xxx
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Thankyou to you all I still can't quote I am afraid. We still have Bodyworks, Urdang, Tring and Stella Mann to go and maybe Bird if she is offered an audition but thrilled with what she has achieved \:D/
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Has anyone's dc got any experience of the first round Acting (MT) at Central? Are they required to sing or is that only if asked to stay til the afternoon session - we're not quite sure from the info provided. DD has an unaccompanied song in mind, what have others gone with previously? Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have :)
awatson88
BRIT Award

Post by awatson88 »

reachforthestars wrote:Has anyone's dc got any experience of the first round Acting (MT) at Central? Are they required to sing or is that only if asked to stay til the afternoon session - we're not quite sure from the info provided. DD has an unaccompanied song in mind, what have others gone with previously? Thanks in advance for any information anyone may have :)
I'll PM you if that's okay?
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Thanks awatson88.

We have Central and GSA next week, anyone else have DC there then? Any advice from those who have auditioned there already or who have DC there. Thank you and Happy New Year everyone :D
karen@nexusdsl.co.uk
Nominee

Post by karen@nexusdsl.co.uk »

Hi there,
My daughter is 2nd year BA Acting (MT) at Central. If you have any specific questions PM us and will try to help.
Here we go again
Nominee

Post by Here we go again »

Hi all
Great site for the uninitiated. Loving reading all the threads. DD has the first of her auditions coming up. From what we have gleaned the GSA one will be about an hour. Anyone know what this consists of? Do they sing their song in front of the others? Thanks.
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Here we go again wrote:Hi all
Great site for the uninitiated. Loving reading all the threads. DD has the first of her auditions coming up. From what we have gleaned the GSA one will be about an hour. Anyone know what this consists of? Do they sing their song in front of the others? Thanks.
Hi there,

My DD is at GSA this week. From what I understand they do some sort of group vocal warm up then sing their solos in front of each other. Someone with a DC there might be able to confirm. Best of luck to your dd!
moleseymum
BRIT Award

Post by moleseymum »

Here we go again wrote:Hi all
That was how the first round at GSA was the year before last, definitely the poorest in terms of 'value for money' of all of the auditions my DS attended. He was out in under an hour.
Here we go again
Nominee

Post by Here we go again »

Thanks reachforthestars and moleseymum. Much appreciated. Good luck to your DD too.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Thankyou to you all I still can't quote I am afraid. We still have Bodyworks, Urdang, Tring and Stella Mann to go and maybe Bird if she is offered an audition but thrilled with what she has achieved \:D/
well done to your dd...if you need any info on Bodyworks, feel free to message as DD is in her 3rd year there xx
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Happy New Year!! How is everyone's January shaping up? DD has Evolution tomorrow, Bird on Friday and Performers on 21st. No rest for the wicked!! Good luck to everyone auditioning!!
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

jasmine2 wrote:
mummyofmylittlestar wrote:Thankyou to you all I still can't quote I am afraid. We still have Bodyworks, Urdang, Tring and Stella Mann to go and maybe Bird if she is offered an audition but thrilled with what she has achieved \:D/
well done to your dd...if you need any info on Bodyworks, feel free to message as DD is in her 3rd year there xx
3rd year already! Wow, how time flies! Is your DD thinking about what she is planning on doing once she finishes in a few months time?
mummyofmylittlestar
GRAMMY Award

Post by mummyofmylittlestar »

Thankyou Jasmine2 my dd is there on Thursday for her audition. The monologue is her weakest I would say as she has just worked on it alone in her bedroom and none of us have seen it. She is a dancer who has just started singing lessons to support auditions but unfortunately the acting has been left to her xx