Auditioning for 2017

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

als17
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2017

Post by als17 »

That's brilliant news Beanie-Bean \:D/ =D> =D>
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Thank you als17! :D
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on offers from reserve lists, does anyone know of movements recently or do we think that's it now until August after students receive their exam results which might affect things?
Barton285
BRIT Award

Post by Barton285 »

Was just thinking the same 2girlsmum, just wish they would get on with it either way and put us out of misery!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Ive not heard anymore.
Surely results will only affect places like GSA though ? Not Bird / Urdang etc ??
Most people I know took BTECs so know their results already x
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Don't give up hope just yet. There could be people who have both degree and dada offers but keeping both in the pipeline until they get their results. I think there will still be some movement and I heard of a Bird girl getting her place on the induction day in September last yea. However its a gamble knowing how ling to wait and I think what may happen now is that people will start to commit to their firm offers and the colleges will work down their lists quite quickly. For instance my dd was desperate for Bird but now she's dead excited about starting Performers and has made her mind up. Even if she gets a call from Bird now she will decline it (Apparently) so the next person will get a call. I wish everone all the best of luck. :D
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

Barton285 wrote:Was just thinking the same 2girlsmum, just wish they would get on with it either way and put us out of misery!
My Dd feels exactly the same, we've had the Dada declaration form to fill from Bird this week however it does explain that all funding has been allocated, this is if a Dada should be returned & this will then be offered in order of audition score & should this happen it could be as late as September.
My Dd just wants to know if she's got any chance or no chance, not knowing where they sit is difficult, think I may ring up tomorrow to see if I can get any further update as if it's not realistic we can put it to bed & concentrate on where to audition later this year/next year!
She did have a little wobble on Tuesday when she opened the email as this is exactly the same predicament she was in 12mths ago :cry:
SueJ
BRIT Award

Post by SueJ »

It all seems to have gone a bit quiet on offers from reserve lists, does anyone know of movements recently or do we think that's it now until August after students receive their exam results which might affect things?
I really feel for all of you having to go through this right now. The whole process from start to finish is so stressful.

I recently spoke to someone who attended Bird several years ago. He also said that there is some movement in the reserve lists right up to the start of term so like beanie-bean says don't give up hope just yet!

Wishing you all good luck and hoping that everyone still waiting gets some good news before too long!

xx
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Bird is well known for taking their time. Quite glad we handed DD's offer back! Good luck to those hanging on in there!!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

CHEK wrote:
Barton285 wrote:Was just thinking the same 2girlsmum, just wish they would get on with it either way and put us out of misery!
My Dd feels exactly the same, we've had the Dada declaration form to fill from Bird this week however it does explain that all funding has been allocated, this is if a Dada should be returned & this will then be offered in order of audition score & should this happen it could be as late as September.
My Dd just wants to know if she's got any chance or no chance, not knowing where they sit is difficult, think I may ring up tomorrow to see if I can get any further update as if it's not realistic we can put it to bed & concentrate on where to audition later this year/next year!
She did have a little wobble on Tuesday when she opened the email as this is exactly the same predicament she was in 12mths ago :cry:
Will you let us know if you ring them and what they say ? xx
Nickyh
Nominee

Post by Nickyh »

After many months of auditioning, incredibly proud of my dd being offered a foundation in acting at Mountview. This drama school was by far her first choice. She also auditioned for Artsed, Guildford and Central. She is absolutely over the moon. The course starts at the end of August. Anyone know of anybody else doing this course? She has met 4 people on the Mountview fb chat doing the course x
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Well done to your dd Nickyh! Fab news! Mountview is an amazing college \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Nickyh wrote:After many months of auditioning, incredibly proud of my dd being offered a foundation in acting at Mountview. This drama school was by far her first choice. She also auditioned for Artsed, Guildford and Central. She is absolutely over the moon. The course starts at the end of August. Anyone know of anybody else doing this course? She has met 4 people on the Mountview fb chat doing the course x
I dont know of people on acting but I do know of someone starting foundation MT and another on 3 year MT - they visited my DD school and whilst we did not apply due to costs they do have an amazing reputation and she really liked the people.
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Just wanted to say well done all for your places. We are staring on the audition roller coaster for 2018 entry. Watched Performers end of year sow this afternoon. Dd knew several dancers performing and it was amazing. Anyone whose dc are off there in September will Love it
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Hi Belledancer, that was the one show I didn't see

Tonights was amazing - DD is now moving into her third year and it really has been a blast!!