Emil Dale academy and Bodem performing arts college

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

supamum
BAFTA Award

Emil Dale academy and Bodem performing arts college

Post by supamum »

We have been currently looking at both of these for Sept 2017,
I was just wondering if anyone has been to any of them and can advice on how good they are. We loved the sound of Emil Dale because they offer Ballet and she has never done Ballet before but its a fee paying school which she would only be able to get in if there was some sort of funding or scholarship. Bodem is a fully funded college with different styles of dance but dont appear to do Ballet. Both are easy enough for DD to get to.
Her dream is to go to Urdang but feel she needs to attend a performing arts/dance college first before she auditions for Urdang to get her more experience in different dance styles.
Barton285
BRIT Award

Re: Emil Dale academy and Bodem performing arts college

Post by Barton285 »

My DD is on her second year at Emil Dale Academy and thoroughly enjoying it. They have so many guest teachers from the industry as well as permanent ones. It is full on with long days and even longer ones when it's show time and Showcase during the summer term. They have singing as groups but also 1:1's,different styles of dancing, acting classes, business lessons. If you want more detailed information just send me a pm.
Ditzi
BAFTA Award

Post by Ditzi »

I would definitely go and have a look around EDA, get a feel for it and chat to the team. They are very supportive and passionate about everything they do. I think they offer free taster days regularly, I'd try to get to one.
woody
BRIT Award

Post by woody »

It would be pretty unusual for a performing arts college to not do ballet at all, have you checked with them?
supamum
BAFTA Award

Post by supamum »

Ditzi wrote:I would definitely go and have a look around EDA, get a feel for it and chat to the team. They are very supportive and passionate about everything they do. I think they offer free taster days regularly, I'd try to get to one.
She is going along on Saturday for a taster day, so will get her to ask lots of questions. I love what I have read just know that I wont be able to afford it, will def speak to them about funding. :)
supamum
BAFTA Award

Post by supamum »

woody wrote:It would be pretty unusual for a performing arts college to not do ballet at all, have you checked with them?
I had a look at the dance styles and didn't see Ballet, but am going to email them and ask. :)
DancingDisneyMum
Nominee

Post by DancingDisneyMum »

My DD has an upcoming audition at Emil Dale. Very excited. Course looks very suited to her.
Any audition experience or knowledge of what they look for?
What is Bodem Performing arts college?