POST 16 - Help/Experience

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

DancingDisneyMum
Nominee

POST 16 - Help/Experience

Post by DancingDisneyMum »

Hi All,
This is my first post.
My DD is currently 15 and is like for somewhere to train after senior school. She has auditioned so far for Tring Park, BRIT school and Italia Conti, and has Emil Dale upcoming. She has enjoyed them so far, no answers as of yet.
I have some questions:
- Can anyone recommend any other post 16 Musical Theatre courses?
- Does anyone have any experiences on these courses? (ALL MT except Conti's is A-Level PA)

Thank you in advance, any answers would be appreciated.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Re: POST 16 - Help/Experience

Post by jennifer1972 »

Your best bet is to spend a bit of time reading through some older posts in the Training section. You're sure to find a load of info from people who have had similar questions to your own. Good luck!
dani wyatt
Nominee

Post by dani wyatt »

Tell your daughter to try The theatre workshop. They are on the Internet .look at there website there are 5 B,ham Eastborne Bixhill Sussex and Brighton.hope this helps.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

There is definitely somebody on this site whose DD is in the sixth form at Tring. My DD left after GCSE's so can't comment on sixth form I am afraid. Arts Ed also has a very good sixth form. Also know of two who are at Wilkes and they rave about the place.
All new to me!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

dani wyatt wrote:Tell your daughter to try The theatre workshop. They are on the Internet .look at there website there are 5 B,ham Eastborne Bixhill Sussex and Brighton.hope this helps.
My DD attends The Theatre Workshop - it's a weekend school. It's very good but I don't think this is the training that the previous post is looking for? My DD does Lamda with them but does all of her dance exams with another dance school, although TTW does have a dance academy - it's not full time training. There is Brighton Academy which is full time and I have heard they are very good. You'll have to pay the course fees though but I think they are a little cheaper. I'd suggest going to Move It next month as there are many, many college there and can all give advice.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Bodyworks Cambridge is amazing too...they take from 16 xx
Good luck with whatever you decide..
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
DancingDisneyMum
Nominee

Post by DancingDisneyMum »

Hi all,

Thank you for all your responses. DD has been offered a place on the A-Level PA at Italia Conti! :)

If anyone has any info, contacts or experience of Italia Conti it would be really appreciated!!
Many thanks
x
hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by hopesanddreams »

DancingDisneyMum wrote:Hi all,

Thank you for all your responses. DD has been offered a place on the A-Level PA at Italia Conti! :)

If anyone has any info, contacts or experience of Italia Conti it would be really appreciated!!
Many thanks
x
Congratulations! :D =D>
mariapanayi
BRIT Award

Post by mariapanayi »

I've heard great things about:
Arts Ed
Bodens College of Performing Arts (My DD goes here!)
BRIT School

I would definitely recommend a proper drama school like the ones above over a general college offering performing arts. The training is far superior, as are the opportunities. We've had a great experience over the past two years, the training is full-time and the course is free! Bonus!!

I know some of her friends attended Conti - and then moved onto full time drama school. I think they are quite dance-based - but i'm not sure.

I hear that a lot of the Foundation Courses are ridiculously expensive and don't offer any form of qualification or guarantee of a placement on the BA course. She's going to stay at Bodens for a third year (Gap Year) and re audition for drama school next year. She's a summer birthday, so I think she was just a bit too young this year.

Good luck with it all!