BRIT School - Post 16

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

BRIT School - Post 16

Post by hopesanddreams »

Does anyone else have an audition for the BRIT School for the theatre strand? If you've had an audition for any strand can you please give some information on how the process went?

Many thanks xo
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Re: BRIT School - Post 16

Post by Robin64 »

Hi
Sorry I can't give you specific advice. My nephew is studying there and he really loves it. I will see if I can find out anything but the college should give you an outline of what to expect and what to prepare for the audition. General advice would be to read and understand and see if possible the whole play or plays that your monologue/s is from. Prepare thoroughly. Think about other performances you have seen, plays/books you have read etc so you can talk about them in an interview. Be prepared to be flexible and take direction and to work in groups, improvise. It is worth having a song ready too as some acting courses like to hear one (they will let you know though if they expect one prepared). Take water and a snack, try and get plenty of rest the week before and show enthusiasm and enjoyment at the audition. They do definitely ask about your logistics for getting there on time every day especially if you are out of catchment. Good luck.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Hi again, sorry I just thought you might actually be a parent rather than the student so my last post wouldn't be much help! As for the process in terms of when you hear back etc I am not too sure.
hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by hopesanddreams »

Robin64 wrote:Hi again, sorry I just thought you might actually be a parent rather than the student so my last post wouldn't be much help! As for the process in terms of when you hear back etc I am not too sure.
Thank you so much for the information! It's really helpful! I'm feeling less nervous now. Oh also, I'm a student, not a parent :lol:
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

hopesanddreams wrote:
Robin64 wrote:Hi again, sorry I just thought you might actually be a parent rather than the student so my last post wouldn't be much help! As for the process in terms of when you hear back etc I am not too sure.
Thank you so much for the information! It's really helpful! I'm feeling less nervous now. Oh also, I'm a student, not a parent :lol:
Glad to help, hope your audition goes well. Do your best, prepare well whatever they ask for and go for it if they do a group workshop. My nephew says they encourage creativity and you don't need to worry.
hopesanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by hopesanddreams »

Robin64 wrote:
hopesanddreams wrote:
Glad to help, hope your audition goes well. Do your best, prepare well whatever they ask for and go for it if they do a group workshop. My nephew says they encourage creativity and you don't need to worry.
I got my letter today and I'M IN! :D
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

hopesanddreams wrote:
Robin64 wrote:
hopesanddreams wrote:
I got my letter today and I'M IN! :D
Congratulations and enjoy it. My nephew has loved it this year.