Move It

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Move It

Post by lotsolaffs »

I am sure many of you have been to Move It but in case some haven't I was very impressed with the amount of performing arts colleges and universities that were there.
All very friendly and willing to chat and plenty of information available. Very good to watch the showcases and see what the standard is.
A definite for next year for us.
martint
BRIT Award

Re: Move It

Post by martint »

Didn't go myself but my daughter was performing with Momentum today.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

My daughter was on performers stand - she got talking to someone who 'knows' me from here......

:) hiya (waves at nice lady)
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Haha,it wasn't me but would have loved to have seen her. They seemed a nice lot of students.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

She has a big afro - so I imagine she was quite visible!!

She said it was a great weekend
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Wish we could have come this year.

Those manning the Performers stand wernt very forthcoming with info last year. Bet your dd was better.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

Tbh I think if she wasn't going to dance, teacher or something very Customer orientated would be the best careers for her

In her first real job her boss was surprised at how Customer savvy she was compared to significant lacks of knowledge in other areas

Prob because she grew up with a business (a nursery) at home

Move it is great! There is a thing on fb atm suggesting it's a money making con - but as DD says you have to encourage youngster to take part or all the colleges will have no students :shock: & even if it means spending money to Perform it raises their profile
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Katymac did she dance on the main stage too?

My DD found it inspiring and motivating. I wanted her to go to see how competitive the whole industry is but it backfired a bit!
She attended 4 workshops,one acting through song by Urdang was really good, we had a spare ticket given to us for Kimberly Wyatt which she quite enjoyed,a Wilkes workshop that she left as she couldn't see what was going on,also at least 80 in that and one other that was jam packed. I can totally see how some would think it a money making exercise.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

My DD really enjoys Move It & gets a lot out of it - she did 13 workshops over the weekend - all advanced dance, I was exhausted watching some of them!!. She loved the Wilkes Academy ones, though they were packed and full on. She didn't enjoy the Kimberley Wyatt ore or another that was a USA instructor so won't do those again. I love watching the college performances on the stages, some are amazing and of a very high standard. This year I have to say that Urdang, Performers, Bird and Wilkes stood out for me, but all were very good. I don't think that so many people should be able to book the classes, there should be a smaller number as if you are at the back you wouldn't be able to see and keep up.