Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Belledancer
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Belledancer »

Well done to your Dd Upinlights. My Dd got a yes also with the added bonus of a scholarship so as you say a good confidence boost for their first audition. Good luck for the rest of them!
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Thats great news Belledancer . Well done to your dd xx
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Dd has had her first offer from Hammond. Details of DaDa recall to follow.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

First rejection for my dd. Urdang x so sad for her but to be truthful it would have been hard going with the money!
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Marissa its really hard to see them sad when a no comes. Keep going, best of luck with the rest.
Congrats on offers to those with them. Know of a bird degree offer already.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou Robin64 x It certainly has surprised me as to how hard it is to get into Musical Theatre. We are quite new to this so it's not a surprise to get rejected but it is heartbreaking when you see your child feel so happy to be there and then get the email x I have so much respect for you parents who have been doing this for years and years!
Last edited by Marissa on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

Marissa wrote:Thankyou Robin64 x It certainly has surpyme as to how hard it is to get into Musical Theatre. We are quite new to this so it's not a surprise to get rejected but it is heartbreaking when you see your child feel so happy to be there and then get the email x I have so much respect for you parents who have been doing this for years and years!
I've posted this on another thread just now but thought it worth reposting here.

It'll all work out and things will be what they are meant to be. We had a tough time the Christmas before last. DD had 7 auditions lined up. By Christmas she'd done 4 and had 4 rejections. Then got an offer from the first one she did in the January. She's now attending that college and is thriving. You just need to be positive for them and help them keep believing. Very few get in the first year of applying.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou I have been reading all your posts a lot!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Still waiting for GSA audition rejection lol x Next audition on Friday, Arden x She really wants this one so everything crossed x
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

Hi there!
has anyone heard from GSA after audition? DD was there on the first weekend of auditions in early December (acting not MT) and hasn't heard at all. she was told they'd hear in 2 weeks but not to chase if it was longer. She saw some people at CSSD who had been rejected through UCAS and a rumoured friend of a friend of a friend with a recall-but one other girl hadn't heard, have they got lost on the system?
scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Post by scottishdancer00 »

DD got rejected from Mountview - think she’s pretty gutted as it was her top choice and she loved it there. Onwards and upwards!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

TotallycluelessMum wrote:Hi there!
has anyone heard from GSA after audition? DD was there on the first weekend of auditions in early December (acting not MT) and hasn't heard at all. she was told they'd hear in 2 weeks but not to chase if it was longer. She saw some people at CSSD who had been rejected through UCAS and a rumoured friend of a friend of a friend with a recall-but one other girl hadn't heard, have they got lost on the system?

We had to email them. They lost my DD too. Rejection came through after email.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

scottishdancer00 wrote:DD got rejected from Mountview - think she’s pretty gutted as it was her top choice and she loved it there. Onwards and upwards!
So sorry x We are waiting to hear from Arden x
Benjy
Nominee

Post by Benjy »

My son has been rejected by Arts Ed and CSSD, Mountview offered him a free audition to their foundation course. He has audition dates for Cumbria uni and Arden. He has not yet heard from GSA but has been offered a place on the musical theatre BA degree course at PPA. I am new to all this and not really sure where is right for him. He set his heart on Arts ED/Mountivew but in honesty we could not meet there fees. What is the standard of training like at PPA/Arden? I would appreciate your thoughts.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Benjy wrote:My son has been rejected by Arts Ed and CSSD, Mountview offered him a free audition to their foundation course. He has audition dates for Cumbria uni and Arden. He has not yet heard from GSA but has been offered a place on the musical theatre BA degree course at PPA. I am new to all this and not really sure where is right for him. He set his heart on Arts ED/Mountivew but in honesty we could not meet there fees. What is the standard of training like at PPA/Arden? I would appreciate your thoughts.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the no's and well done on getting some offers too. I don't know much about PPA or Arden I'm afraid but the audition days should give you a feel of the places. Is it for Musical Theatre degrees only? If it is his first year of auditioning then it is common to get rejections. He could re apply for the following year and even do early auditions in November which would be not much time to wait to try again. My DD preferred to try again for her top choices but is doing a foundation. I suppose best idea is to see how he feels once all the auditions are over.

To be honest I really think it is a waste of time applying to places like Arts Ed or Mountview unless the money is not a problem. I wish we hadn't bothered with Arts Ed last year. It was a waste of time and money even doing the audition. DD's tutors have mentioned Mountview but it is too expensive so won't be on the list. There are lots of other places so I would say to anyone mulling it over, think very long and hard before applying. Even the normal funded courses will still set you back a lot of money as parents for all the living costs.