Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by beanie-bean »

Well done to your dd islandsofsoda. An offer is an offer even though it was not quite what she was expecting. And good luck for the recalls! Xxx
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Anybody at the Bodyworks auditions today?
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

jasmine2 wrote:Anybody at the Bodyworks auditions today?

I was there last week
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

smallbythesea wrote:
jasmine2 wrote:Anybody at the Bodyworks auditions today?

I was there last week
How did it go? :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

My dd enjoyed it and got a good feel for the place.
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

islandofsodor wrote:I don't think we are going to pursue the Boden's thing. My questions were that I couldn't find a link to the OFSTED report they mentioned on the website & I wondered about the level of dance as Dd is currently studying Advanced 1 in ballet, tap & jazz.

Our local free btecs (we have two!) are contracted out to veryvwell established dance schools. I've just been sent a prospectus for one of them & the timetable is Monday - Thursday 8.45am - 4.50pm plus I know the calibre if the teachers so I can't see the point in looking further afield for a back up option.

I think you said your DD is 16 years of age, totally agree with you. Personally I don’t think at age 16 a child is old or mature enough to move away from home to attend any of the performing arts colleges ( this is just my opinion so no one shoot me). If your child can live at home and get all she needs from a local college the money can be saved for when she is 18 to continue with her higher education. It also gives a another couple of years to prepare for living away from home which I feel will make all the difference.
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Post by JustaPhase »

At 16 living at home and accessing great training would be perfect. Sadly that’s that’s not always possible.
And so some of us have to spend money now that we would prefer to save for when they’re 18.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

I totally agree which is one of the reasons dd went to vocational school at 11. Luckily for us we are in commutable distance & in our case the local btecs are comparable standard to some of the Ines mentioned on here.

But I know that isn't the case everywhere.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Yipppee Lucy did it x She's got a conditional for Arden!!!!Trinity left but she's over the moon with Arden x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Marissa wrote:Yipppee Lucy did it x She's got a conditional for Arden!!!!Trinity left but she's over the moon with Arden x
Congratulations
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Oh no x really worried now x the code doesn't seem right and I think they've offered her a hnc instead of BA hons!!! Can that be possible? It didn't say she wasn't successful it just offered her a place on this course. I only noticed as the codes different?
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

What is a hnc? I would give them a ring to clarify.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Marissa wrote:Oh no x really worried now x the code doesn't seem right and I think they've offered her a hnc instead of BA hons!!! Can that be possible? It didn't say she wasn't successful it just offered her a place on this course. I only noticed as the codes different?
Yes I would call them. If it is a UCAS choice then it should be an offer or rejection for the course code you applied for. Did they suggest the audition would be considering her for other courses at the same time? Some places do that. Hope it gets sorted and well done on a successful audition - nice confidence boost. I would be interested to hear what you think of Trinity from the audition day, is that for the MT degree?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

It's the wording that confuses me x it doesn't say you have not been successful just congratulations you have an offer of musical theatre but it has the hnc code level 4 . Thankyou she will call them today. Trinity is for Musical theatre. DD loved the open day and place so it's her number one choice. And last if Arden doesn't work out as I don't feel she wants Gloucester x I will report back on trinity x it's in half term.
scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Post by scottishdancer00 »

Marissa wrote:It's the wording that confuses me x it doesn't say you have not been successful just congratulations you have an offer of musical theatre but it has the hnc code level 4 . Thankyou she will call them today. Trinity is for Musical theatre. DD loved the open day and place so it's her number one choice. And last if Arden doesn't work out as I don't feel she wants Gloucester x I will report back on trinity x it's in half term.
Yes HNC stands for higher national certificate. I know in Scotland anyway it’s the qualification that FE colleges offer along with HNDs which are a level up. Possibly it’s a way to offer a foundation type course with funding ?