Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

chivers61
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by chivers61 »

bop2thetop wrote:
lbm1e14 wrote:Two interesting developments at GSA. First is a fact. Michael Moore is no longer Head of MT - his Twitter profile now says "Former Head....". No reason that I can find in the public domain. Second is hearsay so may not be true. DD has been told that GSA have drastically cut the number of contact hours for MT compared to prior years. If true one might conclude that the two developments are related. Trouble in paradise?
Its true Michael Moor is no longer head of MT at GSA but he is still working there so it could be his decision? Also noticed hes working for an Agency as well so maybe thats why. Who knows? Also my DD is doing MT at GSA and says nobodys contact hours have reduced. They're all still working long hard but happy days :D
This was the post from 22/10/16 in the Auditioning for 2017 thread.
scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Post by scottishdancer00 »

First application in for Mountview MT diploma. DD would need a full dada to attend and even then London living costs would be a stretch but she is desperate to try anyway. We applied with her 4000 character personal statement that she's written for conservatoires - hoping this was the correct thing to do !

Ever impatient, just wondering if anyone has any idea how long it will take to hear back from them with audition dates / info ?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

We had to wait weeks, but DS applied early so they weren't set up with dates then, so I expect it will be much quicker.
Sorry - not much help!
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

Whilst I think I have my head around what college offers what and what we need with regards to applying i.e. songs, monologues etc. I'm really confused with the whole UCAS application. For example for Performers, I can't seem to see anywhere on the application form whether you apply directly to them or via UCAS. Am I being thick here :? My dd is applying for 2018 entry and is looking at both diploma and degree courses.
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

josielee wrote:Whilst I think I have my head around what college offers what and what we need with regards to applying i.e. songs, monologues etc. I'm really confused with the whole UCAS application. For example for Performers, I can't seem to see anywhere on the application form whether you apply directly to them or via UCAS. Am I being thick here :? My dd is applying for 2018 entry and is looking at both diploma and degree courses.
Hi , Not sure about performers but Bird and urdAng you have to apply via ucas and also a separate application to them download form via there website . It's all such a lengthy process and all want different requirements so hang on in there ! It will be worth it in the end .
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

josielee wrote:Whilst I think I have my head around what college offers what and what we need with regards to applying i.e. songs, monologues etc. I'm really confused with the whole UCAS application. For example for Performers, I can't seem to see anywhere on the application form whether you apply directly to them or via UCAS. Am I being thick here :? My dd is applying for 2018 entry and is looking at both diploma and degree courses.
Hi. We went to the Performers Open Day. You only need to apply direct to them for both the degree and the diploma - you do not need to apply through UCAS.
josielee
Nominee

Post by josielee »

Thank you!! All such a stress, we are really behind at the moment and literally starting to panic 8-[
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

josielee wrote:Thank you!! All such a stress, we are really behind at the moment and literally starting to panic 8-[
Don't panic! I know it feels like everyone else is ahead of the game but a lot of people don't start applying till the New Year. I did one application per week for my DD and found that kept my stress levels down! Just wait till the auditions come through, then start to panic!! :lol:
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

UCAS deadline is 15th January but leave time for tutors to complete references and submit. Make a plan of the requirements for each application then really nail all of those - songs, monologues.
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Anyone waiting to hear from Millennium ?
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Yes my Dd is waiting - she auditioned 2 weeks ago and was told that results would be 2 weeks!!
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Hi Belledancer They told me yesterday that the directors were out visiting dance schools so results won't be all next week. Did you attend with your dd ? What did you think ? Its not my daughter's first choice, but still would like to know the outcome.
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Upinlights I took her and then came home she as we live commutable distance and she enjoyed the day. Not my daughters first choice either -she has 6 more auditions to do - but as it was her first audtion she has been anxiously checking her emails. Its a shame if they tell them 2 weeks that they are still waiting to hear but I guess we must get used to it. She was reasuured when I told her that no-one had had their results!
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Belledancer Hopefully won't be much longer. My dd at Urdang this Sunday and then have Performers followers by Laine. Stressful times ahead. Good luck for your dd on the next ones.
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

My dd got an offer this morning from Millennium . A real confidence boost for the next two auditions . Anyone else get their reply today.