Elephant in the room

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

theMTAonline
BRIT Award

Re: Elephant in the room

Post by theMTAonline »

kzgirl wrote:DD is starting the triple threat degree at Chichester in September 2017, for everyone that was worried about contact hours at Uni DD has just found out her course has over 30 hours contact time a week. :lol:
It might be worth double checking how much over 30 those contact hours are? The Equity/Spotlight ruling is for a minimum of 36hr/week. They do appear to be policing it too as we've recently received an email from them asking for clarification on all of their newly released criteria.
I hope that that helps. Congrats to your DD - Damien is great over there
soda
BRIT Award

Post by soda »

For info every one. I emailed Spotlight to ask if the course my daughter will be starting in Sept. (BA MT at PPA), meets their new criteria. I had a very swift response. Reassuringly, it does!
Dance
BRIT Award

Post by Dance »

I have had experience of Hammond and Bird and seen lots of both shows. I would say Hammonds MT attracts some fantastic singers and the school is becoming very well known with agents. Birds dance level is outstanding but Hammond voices are excellent. The recent Miss Siagon which Hammond put on was extremely good.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

A Hammond Diploma Graduate has just won International Musical Theatre Voice of the Year at the Llangollen Eisteddford.
fatladysings
Nominee

Post by fatladysings »

Wow - I am super-super-impressed. Very well done to them!