Boarding families

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

meggymoo
BRIT Award

Boarding families

Post by meggymoo »

I've posted thread in 'can you help' section but also wanted to see if anyone here has info about boarding families for arts ed? DD wants to apply but if lucky enough to get place (and I win lottery for fees!) she would need to live away. Any idea of how this works, costs , any contacts I can ask? Thanks
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Re: Boarding families

Post by itsalongshot »

The list gets sent to successful students nearer the summer before they start. From experience it is a very popular option. Each family is different as to what they provide so best to visit a few to get a view of how your dd would feel.
meggymoo
BRIT Award

Post by meggymoo »

itsalongshot wrote:The list gets sent to successful students nearer the summer before they start. From experience it is a very popular option. Each family is different as to what they provide so best to visit a few to get a view of how your dd would feel.
Thank you! do you have an idea of what costs may be. I know it will depend on what's offered but wanted to try and get rough idea.
Aliarts
Nominee

Post by Aliarts »

meggymoo wrote:
itsalongshot wrote:The list gets sent to successful students nearer the summer before they start. From experience it is a very popular option. Each family is different as to what they provide so best to visit a few to get a view of how your dd would feel.
Thank you! do you have an idea of what costs may be. I know it will depend on what's offered but wanted to try and get rough idea.
Hi my daughter and her friends who are staying with host families in Chiswick are paying £180-£200 per week half board during term time with half price retainer fee in the holidays. There were a few options above and below these rates on the accommodation list sent to us by ArtsEd.
meggymoo
BRIT Award

Post by meggymoo »

Thank you- have they been at school long- are they enjoying it?
Aliarts
Nominee

Post by Aliarts »

meggymoo wrote:Thank you- have they been at school long- are they enjoying it?
First year of BA Acting and loving it! :)