Tring MT

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Tring MT

Post by lotsolaffs »

Hi Anyone at Tring on Tuesday for 6th form MT course?
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Re: Tring MT

Post by JustaPhase »

Good luck to your DD.
My DD auditioned this time last year as a warm up for the acting course audition. It was a really positive experience and the auditionees really bonded as a group, and had a great day together.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Thank you it's our wild card,she will love it I am sure,I hope not too much as no idea how we would pay for it if she was successful!
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Post by JustaPhase »

:D
It’s an exciting time! If she gets offered a place, your DD may be invited to a scholarship audition which is worth 10% of the fees. If she successfully gets that, then the school will consider a means tested bursary. It’s worked for us (& we are definitely not able to afford the fees otherwise).
Are you applying for many schools/colleges?
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

10%...I was hoping for a lot more. Oh well. She really loved it. We are trying for about 4-5 including a full performing arts scholarship at a local independent school,plus a local college. This would be her ideal choice though,lots of pupils we saw looked exhausted ,I think they work hard there.A 2-3 week wait now.
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Post by JustaPhase »

Without going into too much detail, our experience has been that the bursary offer is broadly similar to a DADA bursary. HTH.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

I have a son in 6:2 at Tring. And yes they do work very hard. And they are always shattered every exeat and every holiday for the first few days. But it’s not all work, they have a great time socially as well. It has been a fabulous school for our son and I wish all auditionees who have set their cap on Tring, the very best of luck.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

How exciting lotsoflaffs and stressful too I should imagine. I sent my DD to the drama summer school residential at Tring this year and she loved it, though I am aware of another NAPM DC who did a different week there and wasn't keen. We will be in this position in a years time and I'd dismissed Tring as a no chance of affording, but reading this makes me think we'll give it a go, if only for the experience of doing it.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Lawn do,it was a great experience and insight into life there. Book a hotel well in advance if you can M25 was horrible for us in the morning, had to be there at 8.45.
If you look at their website now,under apply you will see audition days,that can give you an idea of what goes on date wise.