Performers College Degree Course

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: Performers College Degree Course

Post by paulears »

If you get a degree validated by a university, the paperwork that has to be done usually includes projections of student numbers that must match the details provided of staffing, space and availability, so it would be normal for the first year to have an intake no more than that included in the documentation. The ones I was involved with when I was in a college were scrutinised pretty deeply, and anything like this put under scrutiny. I was told that they also expected close to 100% retention in the first year and any early leavers would show poor attention to 'recruitment with integrity' that was the guide for taking people. This, sadly, was less vigorously applied in the following year and nobody seemed to query it.
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

My Dd auditioned at Performers on Saturday. During the parent talk we were told that they would be taking 70-80 for the degree course and 25-30 for Diploma for September 2018 entry so cutting down nearly half on Diploma students. She absolutely loved it!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

IS that per year group?

That's a lot of students.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Yes, that will be per year group. We went to the open day and the question on numbers was asked. Although they didn’t know exactly at that time they said they thought they would probably be looking at those kinds of numbers.