Sept 2018 entry. Post 16 MT

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sandiek123
BRIT Award

Sept 2018 entry. Post 16 MT

Post by sandiek123 »

My DD is currently waiting to hear whether she has a second audition for BRIT. She was impressed (and terrified) by the standard of the talent at the first workshop. 360 kids (of which at least 300 were girls!). As a result of this we have now applied for Laine's 3 year diploma, although I imagine that will be even harder to get into. Her back up is the local sixth form college (Reigate), which does have a good reputation, but obviously won't offer the same standard of training. Is anyone else in a similar position? Would love to compare notes on progress over the coming weeks.
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Re: Sept 2018 entry. Post 16 MT

Post by Upinlights »

Hi My dd is the same age. She auditioned at Laine in December but didn't get the three year offer. They offered the one year foundation instead but she is holding out for Urdang, her first choice. She has an offer from Millennium and Performers so far and awaiting result from Masters. She has Wilkes, Emil Dale and Bird coming up. Its a stressful time, fingers crossed for your dd x
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Dd has an offer from Hammond which is her 2nd choice. DaDa recall in March. Her first choice is Arts Ed. Audition is February half term but they only have four scholarships & we can't afford their fees.

She's got SLP audition next weekend.
Trundlemum
BRIT Award

Post by Trundlemum »

sandiek123 wrote:My DD is currently waiting to hear whether she has a second audition for BRIT. She was impressed (and terrified) by the standard of the talent at the first workshop. 360 kids (of which at least 300 were girls!). As a result of this we have now applied for Laine's 3 year diploma, although I imagine that will be even harder to get into. Her back up is the local sixth form college (Reigate), which does have a good reputation, but obviously won't offer the same standard of training. Is anyone else in a similar position? Would love to compare notes on progress over the coming weeks.
Good luck, I hope it's good news. My DS loved BRIT when we looked around at the open day. Luckily for him he had offers from his first two auditions and will be off to study on the 3 year diploma at Italia Conti. I'm a little scared to send my 16 year old off to fend for himself but it's his dream. I'd be interested to hear from any other parents who's DCs are heading off to IC. Especially if they're 16.
evielovestoast
Nominee

Post by evielovestoast »

My dd is at IC and loves it, is it the Guildford one or London. Not sure whether she will stay only because it’s very dancey and she loves acting and singing but there are some fab teachers there and the accommodation at Guildford is good and right on site
Trundlemum
BRIT Award

Post by Trundlemum »

evielovestoast wrote:My dd is at IC and loves it, is it the Guildford one or London. Not sure whether she will stay only because it’s very dancey and she loves acting and singing but there are some fab teachers there and the accommodation at Guildford is good and right on site
Yes Guildford, have already booked accommodation on site so im relieved at that. Any info that you think I need to know will be very gratefully received. X
evielovestoast
Nominee

Post by evielovestoast »

Any questions you have let me know my dd is also 16 there are quite alot that age there
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

We got a letter for a second audition at Brit today. We are out of area so don't really hold much hope. We have an offer from Tring,with a scholarship audition in March for 6th form and have Urdang on 14th Jan. We thought about Italia Conti but daughter feels it's not for her also feels that about Urdang- not sure that she will go,she has been told by lots that have been that the dance audition is really tough .
sandiek123
BRIT Award

Post by sandiek123 »

Congratulations on your call back! We will be anxiously awaiting the post tomorrow then. Fingers crossed.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Fingers crossed for you,there were 4 there that she new 2 didn't get a yes,haven't heard about the others,it was a very tough audition and she did feel daunted by the sheer amount at the audition. Let's hope it's good news for you x
sandiek123
BRIT Award

Post by sandiek123 »

Phew! Callback letter came today! Now....Modern or Shakespeare....decisions, decisions!
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

My Dd also has Urdang on 14th January and yes it
does have a reputation for being a tough fast paced audition! Having said that I know several of dd's friends who have done early auditions and have re-calls there already! Good luck everyone - gonna be a hectic couple of months!
sandiek123
BRIT Award

Post by sandiek123 »

Good luck at Urdang. Having just watched 42nd Street, half the cast trained there, so it’s got to be a good bet.
Megmar610
GRAMMY Award

Post by Megmar610 »

Has the cast changed in 42nd steeet recently as when I went there were a lot of Ex Laine students?
sandiek123
BRIT Award

Post by sandiek123 »

Urdang, Bird and Laine seemed to be the most well represented. With ArtsEd, GSA and Mountview all getting a look in.