How do recalls differ from first round auditions?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

How do recalls differ from first round auditions?

Post by Scarytimes »

I hope some of you experts can give DS some insight before he goes for his first recall.

How different are the recalls to the first round?
Obviously there will be overall a better standard I guess as they are all people who got through the first round, but are they expecting more from you in some way or are they just seeing you again and comparing with others they are considering?

I know each place is different and some are asking for specific song choices, others don't want to hear monologues again and those that had a short audition day are asking for a more rounded view of their auditionees, so maybe there is a different answer for each one?
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Re: How do recalls differ from first round auditions?

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:I hope some of you experts can give DS some insight before he goes for his first recall.

Obviously there will be overall a better standard I guess as they are all people who got through the first round, but are they expecting more from you in some way or are they just seeing you again and comparing with others they are considering?

I know each place is different and some are asking for specific song choices, others don't want to hear monologues again and those that had a short audition day are asking for a more rounded view of their auditionees, so maybe there is a different answer for each one?
Hi Scarytimes.
Each school will have guidance on their pages on what they are looking for in their different stages, so that is a good place to start. At the recall stage, I think it's an opportunity for the panel to see more of DC and don't forget, DC will be one of those at a better standard. This is a second opportunity for DC to show them why they should be selected.

So yes, it will be different for each school based on the advice they gave but other than that, there is nothing more different DC can do that they didn't do in the first round. Tell DC to go in confident and enjoy the day. :)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Live_thedream wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:I hope some of you experts can give DS some insight before he goes for his first recall.

Hi Scarytimes.
Each school will have guidance on their pages on what they are looking for in their different stages, so that is a good place to start. At the recall stage, I think it's an opportunity for the panel to see more of DC and don't forget, DC will be one of those at a better standard. This is a second opportunity for DC to show them why they should be selected.

So yes, it will be different for each school based on the advice they gave but other than that, there is nothing more different DC can do that they didn't do in the first round. Tell DC to go in confident and enjoy the day. :)
Thanks - he had a great day at Urdang today
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

That's good to hear. When does he find out?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Live_thedream wrote:That's good to hear. When does he find out?
Probably two weeks we think. Fingers crossed.