Restrictions on how many times you can audition at the same place

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lawn
GRAMMY Award

Restrictions on how many times you can audition at the same place

Post by lawn »

Browsing Guildhall's website, I came across that they allow that they allow you to audition for the 3yr BA Hons and/or MA Acting programs on no more than 3 occasions. If an applicant does not receive an offer after the 3rd occasion, they won't be offered a 4th audition under any circs.

(info here, scroll to bottom)
https://www.gsmd.ac.uk/acting/auditions/

Does anywhere else have the same sort of restriction does anyone know?

DD's strength is acting and I know getting a straight acting place at a drama school at 18 is going to be unlikely. It's not something we need to think about just yet as she's only 15 (we've got where she's going for sixth form to get through yet) but as and when the time comes, I'll be tempted to tell her not to even try Guildhall until she's older, otherwise she'll be using up one of her 'tries' early on, when a rejection could purely be due to age.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Re: Restrictions on how many times you can audition at the same place

Post by missmoneypenny »

My daughter is now a third year at Guildhall, on the Acting BA, and this was a worry for us. They do take people on at all ages, on her course there were 18 year olds through to late 20's, the majority are young, she got in on the second try and there is a such a mix. I think it is more about them making up a company and fitting in to that rather than you being of a suitable age. Good luck when it's time! My son will be auditioning at the same time - it will come quick enough! :)
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Restrictions on how many times you can audition at the same place

Post by lotsolaffs »

I was looking at their website today,have you looked at the Junior Guildhall Saturday classes? It might be something that your daughter might be interested in, maybe too late for this year to take part but maybe something for the future.