Reserve lists

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Reserve lists

Post by Felicity »

DD is on the reserve list for the MT BA at Trinity Laban. We have no idea where she is on the reserve list as DD said they don’t share that info. Trinity also have a final batch of late auditionees in May so that could well push her much further down the list.

We are not sure when people start being offered off the reserve lists, the typical numbers and how to deal with accommodation and funding if it is very last minute. We would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has been in this situation before and could share experiences and advice? Thanks!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Reserve lists

Post by Marissa »

Same here but with the foundation year x advice greatly appreciated too x
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Reserve lists sound complicated from what DD has told me! Apparently drama schools put the new cohort together as a “cast”.

It is my understanding that they ( drama schools in general- not TL specifically) have pools of reservees who are a particular “type.” So say a tall slim blonde with a legit voice decides not to take up the place then they need to take someone with similar looks and skills from their pool.

I know your pain- my DD is on reserve lists for MV, RCS and Trinity Laban. I hate not knowing what may or may not be happening in September and that she may have to go on this merry-go-round again next year!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Felicity wrote:DD is on the reserve list for the MT BA at Trinity Laban. We have no idea where she is on the reserve list as DD said they don’t share that info. Trinity also have a final batch of late auditionees in May so that could well push her much further down the list.

We are not sure when people start being offered off the reserve lists, the typical numbers and how to deal with accommodation and funding if it is very last minute. We would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has been in this situation before and could share experiences and advice? Thanks!

Hi Felicity
Not sure about last minute accommodation situation but you can apply for student finance now and either change college or cancel it completely if your DD doesn’t end up needing it this year but at least it’s sorted if you do x

My DS’ friend got a place from Trinity reserve list quite late on last year (July-early August time) but she was already in a shared house from her foundation so she just stayed in it and commutes to Trinity every day x
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Nickinoo wrote:Reserve lists sound complicated from what DD has told me! Apparently drama schools put the new cohort together as a “cast”.

It is my understanding that they ( drama schools in general- not TL specifically) have pools of reservees who are a particular “type.” So say a tall slim blonde with a legit voice decides not to take up the place then they need to take someone with similar looks and skills from their pool.

I know your pain- my DD is on reserve lists for MV, RCS and Trinity Laban. I hate not knowing what may or may not be happening in September and that she may have to go on this merry-go-round again next year!
Ahh right I see, thanks Nickinoo. It’s probably why they can’t / don’t give out any more info than being on reserve then. We’ll just have to hope there are some not so tall brunettes with a legit voice that decide to go elsewhere in the next few months...

That’s really tough for your DD but hopefully being on 3 reserve lists will mean one will come up trumps. I am dreading the repeat merry-go-round as DD has decided on the Foundation at Arts Ed (assuming there is no offer off the TL reserve). What will your DD do if she has to have a year out? X
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Sherbert wrote: Hi Felicity
Not sure about last minute accommodation situation but you can apply for student finance now and either change college or cancel it completely if your DD doesn’t end up needing it this year but at least it’s sorted if you do x

My DS’ friend got a place from Trinity reserve list quite late on last year (July-early August time) but she was already in a shared house from her foundation so she just stayed in it and commutes to Trinity every day x
Thanks Sherbert x think finding accomodation late on in London will be v tricky if the miracle does happen! DD will commute from the family home to Arts Ed to save living costs but couldn’t do that to TL as it is right the other side of London.
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Felicity wrote:
Sherbert wrote: Hi Felicity

Thanks Sherbert x think finding accomodation late on in London will be v tricky if the miracle does happen! DD will commute from the family home to Arts Ed to save living costs but couldn’t do that to TL as it is right the other side of London.
Great situation that you live near enough to beautiful Chiswick for the arts ed foundation (fantastic offer might I add!!) and good luck for TL - no harm to apply for the finance and then cancel in August if not needed xx
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Felicity wrote:
Nickinoo wrote:Reserve lists sound complicated from what DD has told me! Apparently drama schools put the new cohort together as a “cast”.

Ahh right I see, thanks Nickinoo. It’s probably why they can’t / don’t give out any more info than being on reserve then. We’ll just have to hope there are some not so tall brunettes with a legit voice that decide to go elsewhere in the next few months...

That’s really tough for your DD but hopefully being on 3 reserve lists will mean one will come up trumps. I am dreading the repeat merry-go-round as DD has decided on the Foundation at Arts Ed (assuming there is no offer off the TL reserve). What will your DD do if she has to have a year out? X
DD has just finished a Foundation in MT at Mountview so has already had a high level of training. Think she is just planning on working for a year and maybe doing a vocal coaching course then auditioning again next year. She is also thinking about a plan B as she realises she can’t keep on auditioning year after year!

The person at MV who offered her the reserve list said that there is often movement in the lists at the beginning of May when all the auditions have finished so keeping everything crossed.
Good luck to your DD!