Tring Park - Theatre Arts (Lower School)

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Arb0810
Nominee

Tring Park - Theatre Arts (Lower School)

Post by Arb0810 »

Hi,

Would anyone have any experience of Theatre Arts (Lower School) at Tring Park? I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Re: Tring Park - Theatre Arts (Lower School)

Post by Caroline A-C »

I am presuming you mean Juniors (age 11-14 years) when you say Lower School. My DD started in Year 9 so not much help for the years prior to that I'm afraid. What is it you were particularly interested to know as it may be relevant to the school as a whole where I could help.
All new to me!
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

In fact, if you are talking about Theatre Arts, then that is the course the students follow up to the end of Year 9. This covers acting, dancing and singing equally. They are setted according to their dance ability but acting and singing are not setted. Those in the top ballet class also take a class on Saturday morning. When DD was at Tring she had vocational classes in the morning and academic in the afternoon. Not really what else you want to know but ask away.
All new to me!
Arb0810
Nominee

Post by Arb0810 »

Thank you, I have sent you a PM!
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

Does anyone know if they assess children out of the theatre arts course in the way they do for ballet at vocational schools, or is it once you're in, you're in?
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

At Tring if you are not on the dance course then you are not assessed each year in terms of whether you progress to the following year or not but you do have assessments. My dd left after GCSE's but those staying did reaudition for the sixth form.
All new to me!