Tips for standing all the waiting...

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Tips for standing all the waiting...

Post by Scarytimes »

DGtherunner wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Excellent news. Definitely good to have a decision that he is happy with too! Good luck to him for the future.
Thanks. Still no news for you? Are you sure you've checked your emails/post/phone enough times today??
Ha Ha! Yes certainly have checked both as soon as I got in from work. Sigh!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

I will distract you lot if you can help me please x So DD has decided that after her exams she would like to have a few tap dancing lessons just to learn basics. Which tap dancing shoes are best for a beginner? Any advice greatly appreciated xxx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Flat tap shoes would be best.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:Flat tap shoes would be best.
There are so many x I was going to get a pair off dancedirect.
Dancersinger
Nominee

Post by Dancersinger »

It’s impossible to recommend without your dd trying them on.

The diploma students at Hammond wear full sole black Oxfords although advanced tappers are allowed split sole. I don’t know if tap shoes are part of the uniform for degree students.

My daughter wears Bloch as that brand fit her feet well. It’s a popular choice amongst her friends too. My son however has narrow feet and he finds that Capezio fit him better. Dd cannot get her feet into Capezio or So Danca.
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

My DD wears Bloch full sole tap shoes. She’s tried others over the years, but she definitely finds the Bloch ones are the best fit etc for her feet.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

I actually called dance direct the first time that I got DDs tap shoes, as I couldn't get them locally. She was a novice too and they were really helpful, recommended the Bloch ones and gave me tips on sizing. They did her just fine to start with.
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

Just don't do what I do and confuse the US and English sizes. If only my DD had said straight away and not three weeks later that they were too big...
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

If possible try some on in a dance shop. But go with the flat ones, these are the usual style for lessons. As people have said, makes vary but once you have picked one that suits your DD you can easily replace at dance direct. Will she get tap lessons at the Hammond? Don't they all have to do it for MT course? They might have the shoes on a uniform list?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou all x Great advice I will look into some today x not sure when Hammonds list will come out so happy to buy some just so she can practice for the holidays x
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

We went to B&Q and bought a piece of thin wood for DD to tap on as we decided we don't have a suitable floor. Doesn't have to be very big.
Last edited by lbm1e14 on Tue May 29, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

lbm1e14 wrote:We went to B&Q and bought a piece of thin wood for DD to tap on as we decided not have a suitable floor. Doesn't have to be very big.
Fab idea x Thankyou!
Dancersinger
Nominee

Post by Dancersinger »

Marissa wrote:Thankyou all x Great advice I will look into some today x not sure when Hammonds list will come out so happy to buy some just so she can practice for the holidays x
You could contact Becky at Stardust Dancewear. She supplies the Hammond uniform.