Laines audition?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Laines audition?

Post by scottishdancer00 »

Dd has heard a rumour that at the Laines audition they weigh everyone in front of each other before they dance . Just curious if this is true ?
Dancemum22
Nominee

Re: Laines audition?

Post by Dancemum22 »

Hi there,

No they definitely don’t do that...in fact my dd wasn’t weighed at all at her Laine audition :D
suesmith
GRAMMY Award

Post by suesmith »

Absolutely not - my dd finished 3 years at Laine last July and contrary to popular belief was not weighed once in the whole 3 years!
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

My Dd is a first year at Laine and has never been weighed. They actually provide students with lots of useful info on healthy eating and advise NOT to cut back on their regular food intake when they start as they will need lots of energy/fuel to cope with being in class all day every day. Dd is loving every minute of her time there and regularly tells me it was such the right choice for her :)
Dancersinger
Nominee

Post by Dancersinger »

This was not at Laines but another college but we know someone who was weighed as part of the physio assessment and it was flagged up to them that their BMI was dangerously low. They were not offered a place and we think it might have been because of this.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

DS was weighed as part of the recall physio at LSC but nowhere else.