Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lmum
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Lmum »

Livvyvicky wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm Lmum - we have a no from GSA too .......

We have moved Mountview back to the 15th due to illness. I have to say the admissions people at Urdang and Mountview have been so lovely and on it!
Sorry to hear about GSA :( - everyone my DD knows who’s auditioned so far has a no! One more friend there on Thursday so let’s hope someone gets a recall! Hope your DD ok and better soon - Sod’s law the illnesses strike at audition time - glad to hear that they have rescheduled without any hassle - my DD at MV on Saturday so here’s to 7 hours in cold Peckham :D - any ideas from anyone on things to do or hotels with day room gratefully recieved ! Fingers crossed for anyone with auditions anywhere in next few weeks
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Ellie8989899301 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:48 pm Just got back from the MA Musical Theatre at GSA and unfortunately didn’t get through to the interview stage. Only three out of thirteen were called back to be interviewed. Onwards to the next one!
Good luck for your next one Ellie xx
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

About Tring 6th form Drama

The year my daughter auditioned, they said 2 weeks and it was closer to 3. That was 2 years ago... Good luck!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Good luck for your next one Ellie :D

Thanks munchpot ans scarytimes :D

Lmum ahh we would have been at the same place same time! There are lots of shops and coffee shops but I am not sure 7 hours worth :shock:

You do have the parents meeting though........ A friend of DD (a DS) has a GSA recall.
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Lmum wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:41 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm Lmum - we have a no from GSA too .......

We have moved Mountview back to the 15th due to illness. I have to say the admissions people at Urdang and Mountview have been so lovely and on it!
Sorry to hear about GSA :( - everyone my DD knows who’s auditioned so far has a no! One more friend there on Thursday so let’s hope someone gets a recall! Hope your DD ok and better soon - Sod’s law the illnesses strike at audition time - glad to hear that they have rescheduled without any hassle - my DD at MV on Saturday so here’s to 7 hours in cold Peckham :D - any ideas from anyone on things to do or hotels with day room gratefully recieved ! Fingers crossed for anyone with auditions anywhere in next few weeks
Lmum and Livvyvicky, I'm so sorry to hear about the nos from GSA. Good luck to both of yours at Mountview! Livvyvicky, we will see you there as we are also on the 15th!

During show week at school last week (a very amusing version of Kiss Me Kate) our DS finally heard that he has a recall for GSA. He is so happy and it made the last night (his final show at the school) even more special. Whilst its only a recall at this stage, we are celebrating every little step!

Thank you Scarytimes for your comprehensive report on the Mountview day! I always prefer to have an idea of what is going to happen, particularly as each college is completely different in their application and results process. Much appreciated!
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Well done to your DS Lakeviewp that’s great news - glad to hear of someone who finally got a recall! Fingers crossed for him and good luck for MV too :D
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Hi all, DD is auditioning at Conservatoire of Birmingham for the BA Acting on Saturday. Des anybody have special advice or knowledge for the school and the way they audition? Thanks
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Post by arianadrama »

OK so MV was pretty brutal today - the Q&A session they do for parents was very helpful though - apparently their successful auditonees apply on average 3 times for MT before they get in! :shock:
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

DD bit happier now - 120 at Mountview today for MT BA - 10 recalls and 15 given free audition for Foundation of which my DD was one - so at least she now knows she’s at least on the right track but just not ready for BA yet but would be more than happy with a MV Foundation year - now to look at finances just in case ! Hope others got some good news today too
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

So DD went to Birmingham Conservatoire today and got an email this afternoon saying she didn’t get a recall but seems to have been offered the foundation course if I understand the email right! It isn’t very clear... A phone call on Monday will be needed I believe... 🧐
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Well done all for keeping going and keeping your chins up xxx it's a hard, hard journey x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Lmum wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 pm DD bit happier now - 120 at Mountview today for MT BA - 10 recalls and 15 given free audition for Foundation of which my DD was one - so at least she now knows she’s at least on the right track but just not ready for BA yet but would be more than happy with a MV Foundation year - now to look at finances just in case ! Hope others got some good news today too
Really chuffed for you! That’s excellent news

It was brutal at MV yesterday. No recall for DS for MT, recall for acting which meant he hit their scoring criteria but unfortunately not the path he wanted. He was really disappointed as liked the feel of the place but over the moon for his flatmate who got a recall ( female)

ArtsEd here he comes!

The right place picks you I reckon.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

riverdancefan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 am
Lmum wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 pm DD bit happier now - 120 at Mountview today for MT BA - 10 recalls and 15 given free audition for Foundation of which my DD was one - so at least she now knows she’s at least on the right track but just not ready for BA yet but would be more than happy with a MV Foundation year - now to look at finances just in case ! Hope others got some good news today too

It was brutal at MV yesterday. No recall for DS for MT, recall for acting which meant he hit their scoring criteria but unfortunately not the path he wanted. He was really disappointed as liked the feel of the place but over the moon for his flatmate who got a recall ( female)

ArtsEd here he comes!

Sorry about MV for your DS - always think it’s difficult when they offer a different pathway if their hearts in MT . It just goes to show that every school looking for different things . Would he have preferred MV to Arts Ed ? But as you say maybe it’s best to let the school pick you - he must be very talented to have been offered Arts Ed , so Mountviews loss !
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

riverdancefan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:27 am

ArtsEd here he comes!

Very well done riverdancefan. Arts ed is a great place. Any questions please ask.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Riverdancefan - yourDS will love Arts Ed. Fantastic place to train and like one big happy family where he will make friends for life as well as receiving an amazing training.
All new to me!